-3-

Golfball sat in her factory, writing into her notes. How could she pull this experiment off? What else could she inject into subject 1?

The small scientist thought before an idea crept into her head.

A new substance had been discovered in yoyleland. Scientists named it "yoylecid." The acid had a pH of near 0, but it was unable to disintegrate anything. According to the person who discovered it, "it had only caused extreme pain that lasted for a few days."

Golfball couldn't help but wonder what her results would be if she attempted to mix the acid with gointica- a chemical found in goiky that caused the effects of other substances to last much, much longer.

What would happen if she mixed the two together?

Would she finally get the results she was after ?

More importantly, how would she get her hands - well, feet.. on the materials? She most certainly couldn't afford to buy them. She'd have to get it herself- but the journey could possibly take months.

However, that was a risk golfball was willing to take.

_________________________________________

Subject 1 sat in her containment cell, wincing as she tried to move her leg. Specifically, the one the chip had been inplanted in. It still hurt, and every movement was a painful reminder of what that ball had done to her.

It was weird. Subject 1 could remember some things, like her life before she was kidnapped, her friends, bfdi, firey..

But when it came to her name, that ball's name. She couldn't remember. She swore she knew the ball from somewhere, but couldn't remember her name to save her life.

And her own name. Subject 1 knew her name wasn't actually subject 1, she wasn't that stupid. Of course, most objects had names based on what they were. Subject 1 was a leaf, so her name would be...

...

Every time she got close to figuring out her name, her mind just went blank. She couldn't even think it, let alone remember it. And the scientist who took her, she couldn't even think of what she was, so trying to remember her name was pointless.

All subject 1 knew was that she wanted to go home.

More than anything.

_________________________________________

Firey sat by the old ferris wheel he made years ago. It was rusting by now, moss growing in places, but it reminded him so much of leafy - even if it had ruined their friendship.

He missed leafy. Ever since she'd gone missing, he rarely ever left this spot, even more so now that the search team couldn't find her. Gelatin had tried to get firey to get up, to do something, but it never worked. firey was completely and utterly lost without his best friend. 

The short ball of flame allowed his mind to stop wandering as he pulled himself back into reality. His body, whose consciousness didn't truly belong to him anymore, had spotted someone.

Golfball.

Golfball was the leader of the search team. Perhaps she had some more news about leafy? Firey would have to get up from his beloved spot, but he didn't mind.. it was for leafy.

Clearing his throat, firey began to speak.

"Hey, golfball?"

The small sports ball seemed slightly annoyed by the energy's presence. At first, firey had been her biggest worry, due to his close relationship with leafy, but since she joined the search team, that worry had subsided. Firey would never think to suspect the leader of the search team to be the one who took leafy!