| 73 | Wolf's Rite

Start from the beginning

Jackson could feel Wilson's eyes on him, and he glanced up at Damon to see a conflicted look on his mate's face. He was pretty sure that Damon didn't want to leave him alone because Wilson was likely going to use that time to try and apologize for what he did, but Jackson didn't want to hear it. He wasn't ready to talk about it.

Cyrus loudly clapped his hands together. "All right, everyone group up and get ready. We're leaving in ten."

Everyone started leaving the room.

"Who should we stick with, chief?" Tokala asked Damon.

"Anyone," the Alpha replied. "But stay in pairs. And Remus, you're staying here."

Remus sighed but nodded. "Okay."

"Let's go," Damon mumbled and started heading for the door.

Jackson was relieved that Damon didn't ask him to stay behind, but he was sure that was because he knew by now that he'd persuade him to change his mind. He followed beside his mate—

"Jack, wait," Wilson called and reached out to grab his arm.

Damon immediately pulled Jackson back and shoved Wilson away from him. "Keep your filthy little hands off him," he snarled as the pack stopped behind him.

"Don't you fucking touch me!" Wilson growled angrily as he lunged at Damon—

The Alpha lunged at Wilson, too; Tokala and Jackson tried to stop him, but Damon broke through their grip and grabbed Wilson's throat. Damon was stronger, and he forced Wilson back until he hit the wall; Wilson tried to pull Damon's hands away and even kicked his legs, but Damon kept his grip and started choking him.

"Damon, stop!" Jackson insisted as he barged past the still, silent pack. He grasped Damon's wrist and tried to pull him off, but he wouldn't let go, and Wilson's face was turning blue.

"I fucking warned you," Damon growled, glaring into Wilson's eyes. "But you just couldn't help yourself, could you?"

"Get off!" Wilson choked.

"Damon!" Jackson exclaimed, but no matter how hard he pulled, he couldn't get the Alpha to let go.

Julian went to speak up, but Tokala silenced them. No one did anything, and Jackson knew that it was because they weren't supposed to mess with their Alpha's business or something like that, but if someone didn't do something, Damon was going to suffocate Wilson.

But when he opened his mouth to speak, Wilson grunted something through his struggled breaths, and then he abruptly shifted into his tiger form. He roared and threw Damon off him, and the Alpha collided with his pack.

Damon didn't waste a moment. He morphed into his Prime form just in time to grab Wilson when he leapt at him; he threw the tiger across the room, and the pack quickly dispersed to get out of the way.

Jackson didn't want them to fight again—they were going to kill each other! "Stop!" he shouted. "You—"

Tokala grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the way as Wilson and Damon collided. "There's nothing any of us can do," he said.

"They're gonna kill each other!" Jackson insisted worriedly. "I have to do—"

Wilson landed on the floor in front of him with a thump and a growl. He tried to scurry to his feet, but Damon grabbed his back legs, and with a vicious growl, he swung the tiger around and launched him across the room once again. The tiger hit a glass display cabinet filled with antique blades; glass and metal flew everywhere, and one knife impaled his leg. But Wilson didn't care. He snarled angrily and yanked the blade from his leg with his mouth, and then he threw it towards Damon.