Luminary

TW: angst.
Words: 1589 words.
Song recommendation: Luminary (Joel Sunny)
_________________________________________

Was this fate? Or Punishment?

I felt my hands going cold, eyes stinging, and I will swear on my when I tell you that the love in my heart became poison to kill me while my soul watched what happened infront of me.

I blinked several times to recheck if it was an illusion or bad dream.

My beloved,

In someone's very arms,

And that someone was leaving the kisses I HAD left the day earlier on his face.

I heard my name being called, but I didn't want the poison in my heart to go upto my brain which had some of its sane left. My body turned itself on my heels and it was my turn to run from the very spot.

.
.

That day, my moon became someone else's star.

I was numb. Right now too. I didn't dared getting out or opening the door of our shared house whenever I heard shouts or frantic knocking by him. It was painful, and I didn't knew till when I could isolate the insanity growing inside me.

My heart always leapt to my throat when I heard soft cries shouting my name. But did he heard mine?

.
.

As soon as I collapsed inside our house after closing the door, my hand clutched the area where I felt the venom stinging my heart and making it dead. The memories flashed infront of my eyes- his doe eyes. His smile, which I saw everyday after I woke up. His bare faced freckles. Those small interactions. His peaceful sleeping face luminated by the moonlight.

It was too painful.

I cried. Cried my heart out. I had screamed earlier, but never screamed until I lost my voice. The only person I loved throughout my life had betrayed me.

.
.

I let the cold water drown me and make my pain numb. Even if the bathtub was overflowing, I didn't cared.

I didn't knew what time it was, what day it was.

I didn't even knew if I was alive anymore.

I got up quietly, still drenched, my wet hand wiped the surface of mirror. Few memories again rushed back to my brain.

.
.

I smudged my toothpaste's foam on his cheek, and his sleepy eyes suddenly shot up, glaring at me playfully. He went on his tip toes to smear his foam on my face too, and I didn't said anything. I saw my sunshine grinning, laughing, and I didn't cared about him messing up my face.

I was head over heels for him.

.
.

I still have that picture fresh in my mind. I splashed some water on my face to sooth my puffy eyes a little.

Zoning out, I wore some spare trousers I had. I have to hold myself up.

My legs took me to a familiar room- sunlight lighting up the room from the huge window, a chair placed just infront of the window, a canvas and my brushes, few paint tubes lying here and there.