Chapter 15

A few minutes later, Colora and Loki stand behind the throne room door. "Loki, I'm nervous. What do you think this is about?" Colora asks.

"I don't know," Loki replied. He turns to her as he notices that Colora looks down. Knowing that she is anxious. Loki turns to her slightly, takes his hand and lifts her chin as he whispers, "Hey, it's going to be ok." She smiles at him as she feels reassured. She then giggles as he kisses her on the cheek. He smiles, glances down then back up at her and gestures, "Take my hand." Colora looks down, takes Loki's hand and smiles back at him as the doors open. They take a deep breath and walk in.

Once inside, they notice that Odin is talking to a guard. However, Odin quickly turns around when he hears them walking in. "Leave us," Odin whispered. The guard bows then leave the throne room. Colora and Loki let go of each other's hands and stare at Odin as he makes his way to his chair. "You wanted to see us father?" asked Loki.

"Yes, for there is something we need to discuss," Odin replied as he sits down. "Firstly, Colora, welcome back on your return from your mission. You defeated Phobos' siblings before they caused any more damage to Earth."

"Thank you, your majesty. "I think?" Colora responded. Loki and Colora glance at each other; confused by Odin's statement. "Secondly, if I remember correctly, I told you that if you needed help just ask for it," notes Odin.

"I told her if she needed help to let me know," said Loki.

"I understand that son, but I would have appreciated it if you would have told me that you were going and that you asked him instead of –"

"Instead of Thor?" Colora interrupted. Odin notices that Colora is not very pleased with his thought going to be very cooperative. Loki stares at her with concern and is very fearful of the outcome. "Colora, don't," Loki whispered as he takes her arm. However, she takes a few steps forward to tell Odin how his beloved son is not who he thinks he is.

"Your son might have helped me because he has fought in so many battles as much as I have. However, the reason why I didn't tell you and asked Thor to help is because I don't trust him," Colora declared.

"Excuse me?" Odin as he stands up slowly; confused, concerned, and

"Your son may be the Prince of Asgard and perhaps a great warrior. But he is not what you think he is. He is arrogant, self-centered, and doesn't care about how he is treating those who trust him. I can't trust him because he doesn't listen to me and thinks that he knows what's best for me. That's the reason why I asked Loki despite your decision if you had sent Thor to help." Colora pauses to think before she continues. Loki breathes heavily silently as he knows that he is nervous for her but is nervous about how his father is reacting. "I understand that you have the final word here on Asgard. However, this was a Vanir mission. My father has written to me, which I have proof, that if I ever needed help; to ask whoever I choose. I chose Loki because he listens to me, has been my eyes and ears throughout the mission, given me an insight into why Harmonia and Deimos decided to plot their revenge on me now." She glares at Odin, knowing that what she is saying is not pleasing him and is making him takes another step closer. "You may want him to stay here and follow your orders, but I knew he could help me because I can trust him."

There's a silence between them which makes Loki very nervous. Odin asks, "Is this coming from you?" He then turns his eyes to Loki. "Or Loki?"

Loki has a lump in his throat.

"Both of us," Colora replied.

"Is this true, son?" Odin asked. Colora turns her eyes to Loki; hoping that he will agree with her. Loki takes a deep breath and says, "Yes, father. She is right." Odin raises his eyebrow as he is surprised but is intrigued by why Loki agrees with Colora. Loki takes a few steps ahead of her. "I know that he's my brother, and I can trust him. However, I know that Colora is right. This was not her fault. So if you're going to blame someone, blame me," Loki proclaimed.