Chapter 2

The next day, King Odin and Queen Frigga wait patiently for Colora as she enters Asgard. Colora walks out of the Bifrost along with her servant Harisa, and her guard Dellinger are greeted by Heimdall. "Princess Colora, welcome back to Asgard," he says with a smile on his face. Colora walks towards Heimdall, takes his hand and says, "Thank you Heimdall." She lets go of his hand and she, Harisa and Dellinger walk towards Odin and Frigga. Harisa and Dellinger kneel before them, knowing that they are royalty. "Welcome back to Asgard. It is good to see you again Princess Colora," Odin said with a smile on his face. Colora nods her head down and says, "Thank you, your majesty. It is great to be back. To help our two realms continue the alliance." Frigga walks towards her, takes her arm around Colora's and says, "Come, we have much to do and talk about."

They arrive at the palace a few minutes later. A soldier approaches them. "Excuse me your majesty, but the generals would like to have a word with you," the soldier states. Odin turns to Colora and Frigga and says, "You both go on ahead. I'll see you tonight at the party." He walks away. Colora and Frigga look at each other and talk as they enter the palace.

"So what has happened since I've left Asgard?" Colora asked as she looked up and notices a man standing on a balcony who looks familiar. At the same time, Loki is watching the sky from his balcony, he looks down for a moment and notices his mother walking with a girl. Colora and Loki are awestruck and curious about who is who. Frigga notices that Colora is not paying attention and loudly says, "Colora? Colora?" Colora glances once more then looks back at Frigga. "I'm sorry, say that again," Colora says with a hesitant smile on her face. Colora and Frigga enter the palace. Loki watches them until he can no longer see them. He turns around, closes his eyes and breathes. Wondering who was standing next to his mother.

Colora and Frigga walk down the corridors, continuing their conversation about how things are in Asgard. "So I'm assuming that Thor and Loki are still the same?" Colora asks. Frigga smiles and replies, "Not quite. I mean yes, Thor is still the same." Colora turns her head, raises her eyebrow, and asks with a sarcastic tone in her voice, "Arrogant, selfish and ignorant?" They stop walking for a bit as Colora notices Frigga admitting to Thor's behavior. "Unfortunately yes," Frigga sighs. Colora turns her head and asks, "And Loki?"

"He's been good, and he's also still the same," she replies. Colora notices that there is more to it because she notices that Frigga looks away from her as she responded to her question. "But?" Colora asks as she raises her head. Frigga looks down and sits on a stone bench. Colora looks down at Frigga, realizing that something is either wrong or something about him has changed. "Honestly, he's changed not just physically and personality. But emotionally," Frigga states. Colora is confused and decides to sit down as she inquires, "Really how so?"

"Well ever since you stopped coming to Asgard he's been hopelessly waiting for you. He's been hoping that one day you would come back. He almost lost hope until he received your letters. Reading your letters were a source of comfort to him. Reminded him not to give up and to believe that what you said was true," Frigga implies. Colora feels guilty that she hasn't kept their word; not seeing each other has consumed their emotions. "To be frank, Frigga I've missed him too. I always hoped that one day I would come back and now I am. Not just to see all of you but to see my best friend. To see him," Colora responds with tears slightly appearing in her eyes. Frigga smiles at Colora, takes her hand for comfort and support, and replies, "Good. I'm glad to hear you say that." Colora smiles and also takes Frigga's hand, as a gesture for saying thank you.

Frigga stands up and says, "Well, I will let you settle into your chambers." Colora looks down and also stands up. She smiles and says, "Oh thank you." Frigga walks away but quickly turns around. "Oh, by the way, Odin decided that we are going to have a celebration for your return and honor," Frigga claims. Colora's facial expression changes as she questions why Odin would throw a party just for her. "Well I don't really think that's necessary, but I can't really say no to the King," Colora expresses. They both chuckle. "What time does it start?" Colora asks. "It starts tonight at sunset," Frigga replies. Colora responds with a smile, "I will be there." Frigga smiles, turns around and projects, "Good. See you there."