"Did you want a snack or anything while we wait for Colby to get home?" I asked as he chuckled. "You're such a mom. I'll take some water if that's okay." He said as I chuckled and led the way out of the room.

"I've always been a good host." I said with a laugh then walked to the kitchen.

"Yeah, you're a good host considering you were probably off to take a nap when I came." He said as I nodded. "Do I look that tired?" I asked as he nodded.

"Do you want me to lie?" He asked as I shook my head. "No, I know I look exhausted. It's crazy how tiring it is to make a human from scratch." I said as he chuckled.

"Yeah, I can only imagine. It's probably like running a marathon every day." He said as I shrugged. "Maybe not that intense." I said then got him a glass of water.

"I can't rest now. I need to see Colby's reaction to you surprising him." I said then led the way to the living room.

"What are the chances Juniper convinces him to make them get a snack?" He asked as we sat on the couch.

"Very high. She's got him wrapped around her finger and he truly does whatever she wants." I explained with a laugh.

"Great. I guess we have an hour to kill." Sam said as I nodded and got comfortable. "I guess you're right." I said with a nod.

Sam and I ended up talking for a while, going through what he's been doing since everything went down.

According to him things have been slow and peaceful. It was nice to know that things weren't absolutely hitting the fan but it was all still so fresh.

I had a feeling that someone would stir some shit up eventually.

We sat around for an hour or so before the front door was opening and the kids were flooding in.

"She's gonna pick Chinese food and I feel like I'm going to die if I eat that again." Jenna groaned as I struggled to stand up.

"Hey, pregnant girl chooses dinner. That's the rules." Colby said as they walked into the living room. "Jules, I thought you were resting." Colby said as I shrugged.

"Someone was distracting me." I said then took a step to the side revealing Sam sitting on the couch.

"What are you doing here, man?" Colby asked with a wide smile as Sam stood up to give his best friend a hug.

"Decided to come surprise you guys." Sam said and hugged Colby. "I've missed you, man." Colby said with a sigh.

It sounded so genuine as he said it which warmed my heart.

Those two were soulmates and were meant to be together. They didn't make sense when they weren't working together.

It broke my heart that I was the reason they weren't living in the same area because of me, but I needed to have my baby here.

I needed to bring our baby into the world in a place that was fully peaceful. There was a chance that someone was watching and waiting for me to give birth and I felt like it would be easier to control here.

Maybe I was wrong though.

"I'm gonna go lay down. You guys catch up." I said then slowly made my way towards the stairs.

I was actually pretty sore and very tired today and probably could use a good nap.

"Sissy, can we cuddle?" Juniper asked as I made my way up the stairs. "Mhm, I'll probably fall asleep but if you wanna take a nap with me you can." I said as she nodded.

"I wanna cuddle." She said then took my hand as we walked to Colby and I's room.

When we got into the room we snuggled in bed together. "Did you have a good day at school?" I asked with a yawn.

"Yeah, I really like school. Are we gonna go again next year?" Juniper asked as I nodded.

"Absolutely. We're probably gonna move before then though so you'll have a fresh new start at a new school." I explained as she frowned and looked up.

"Why would we move?" She asked as I brushed her hair from her face. "Because Colby wants to be closer to his friends. They're like his family." I explained as she giggled.

"We're his family!" She said as I nodded. "Yeah, we are. But they are, too." I said quietly.

"Is Colby gonna do the scary stuff again? Are you?" She asked as I sighed. "I'm not sure. Right now, we're gonna have your little niece and we're gonna take care of her here for a little bit before we move." I said as she looked at me with shining eyes.

"I can't wait to meet her." She said and put her hand on my belly. "She can't wait to meet you either." I said then kissed her forehead as the baby kicked where her hand was.

"She kicked me!!" Juniper squealed as I smiled. "See? She loves you already." I said then closed my eyes.

I knew the kids were excited to meet Colby and I's baby but it was something very special about having these little moments with them while I was pregnant.

They were with me every step of the way and I was so grateful for that.