Chapter 5 - ICU

🎶Play Song Above for the Vibes: ICU - Coco Jones 🎶

*Ding Dong.* 

I happily opened my door to see Ace standing there with a big smile, wearing the suit he had on from earlier... He had a duffel bag in his right hand and a packaged white box in his left hand, I invited him in and he said:

Ace: Hey Beautiful. It smells really good in here.. *kisses on the lips* This is for you, a lil house warming gift. *winks*

Me: *smiles & blushes* Thank you.

Ace set his bag down and shut the door behind him. I accepted the white box and opened it up to see that it was a sweet potato pie from the hotel. Oh my god. 

This pie is soooooo freaking good. Man, this shit right here? This shit right here nigga? Best thing ever, hands down. It's the closest thing to my mom's pies and now I got a whole thing of it!

I was dancing with the pie in my hand and placed the pie in the center of my dining table. He giggled and said:

Ace: *smiles & smirks* Is this your happy dance? It's a little stiff but, It's really cute, haha.

Me: *playfully glares* Leave my happy dance alone, haha. Sit down so I can make you a plate.

Ace: Yes ma'am.

Ace took off his blazer and shoes in my room, along with putting his duffel bag down before sitting down at the table.

I can tell he loved my food because he ate all the food off that plate faster than I could even cut myself a piece of the pie. He got up to make himself seconds and when he sat back down he said:

Ace: Who taught you how to cook? Got damn girl!

Me: My mom taught me everything about food... She was born and raised in New Orleans. Every time I ate at the hotel restaurant, I felt like I was enjoying a plate of her food.

Ace: Damn. That's dope. A lot of our chefs came from Nola to start over, so no wonder the food always hit. I had no idea you could cook though.

Me: *gasps* What? I look like I can't cook?

Ace: *squints* Lil bit.

Me: *rolls eyes and shakes head* Ugh, whatever!

Ace: Speaking of your mom, did you get a chance to call your parents?

I blushed because I did, and I remembered that I talked about him for at least 30 minutes straight.

Me: *nervously clears throat* Uh, eh-hem yeah I did. They actually came down to visit, and they will be here um- tomorrow.

Ace: Is everything okay? I know you said they lived all the way in um.. South Carolina..

Me: Oh no, everything is good. My parents always visit me and Jade randomly throughout the year.. This was no different.. They're just visiting.. They told me when they get here.. they wanted to meet to um.. meet you..

Ace: Me? Really?*a big smile grew on his face*

Me: *smiles* What you cheesing for?

Ace: I don't know.. I'm kinda excited to meet the people who created the beautiful Amirah Thibedeaux y'know?.. *smirks and grins* Do you think they will like me?