CHAPTER NINE

"I want kids with you." Taylor blurted out suddenly, looking at Hayley.

Hayley's hand slipped from her guitar strings and she snapped her head up. "Really?"

Taylor's eyes widened and she quickly looked down. "Yes." She whispered softly.

Instead of saying anything else, Hayley smiled softly and leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on Taylor's cheek. "I love you." The copper haired singer said gently.

"I love you too." Taylor whispered, looking up at Hayley.

Hayley let her eyes flicker down to the song lyrics in front of Taylor. "Can I hear one?" She nodded to the paper on Taylor's knee.

Taylor glanced at the paper on her knee. "This one isn't done yet."

"What about another one?" Hayley asked, her eyes dancing over the sheets of paper scattered across the coffee table.

The blonde leaned forward and passed the song lyrics to Hayley.

Hayley took the lyrics and sheet music. She analysed the paper before her before setting them down on the coffee table where she could see them. Her fingers fell onto the guitar strings and she plucked them effortlessly, making Taylor wonder why Hayley rarely played guitar at Paramore shows.

Hayley began to sing, eyes on the lyrics before her. "We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January and this is our place, we make the rules and there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear. Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years? Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever?"

The sound sounded flawless in Hayley's soft voice, making Taylor wonder if the song would be better suited to Hayley than to herself. "And ah, take me out, and take me home. You're my, my, my, my, lover! We can let our friends crash in the living room. This is our place, we make the call and I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you."

Hayley played the song with such passion and emotion that Taylor would have believed that Hayley had written the words and melody herself. "I'd loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all. Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever? And ah, take me out, take me home. You're my, my, my, my, Lover!"

Hayley cast a quick glance over the second page of the music and, memorising it almost instantly, continued to play. "Ladies and gentlemen, will you stand? With every guitar string scar on my hand. I take this magnetic force of a man..." Hayley trailed off and lifted her eyes to look at Taylor. Man? Who was this about? She returned her eyes to the music.

"It's about you, I just... I wanted my fans to be able to sing it." Taylor said softly, looking up at her.

Hayley nodded and continued the song from where she'd left off. "I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover. My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue. Alls well that ends well to end up with you, swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover and you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me and at every table I'll save you a seat, lover. Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever? And, ah, take me out, take me home. You're my, my, my, my, lover, oh you're my, my, my, my, lover..." Hayley's voice trailed off as her fingers played the final chords of the song.

Taylor swallowed thickly, waiting to hear Hayley's thoughts.

Hayley lifted her finger from the guitar strings. "That was beautiful, definitely worth a Grammy." She lifted her eyes to Taylor's and smiled.

The blonde smiled back weakly. "Really?"

Hayley nodded her head with a soft smile. "Really." She breathed.