07

- How beautiful you look, Laportita

- How beautiful you look, Laportita. - Patri says as soon as she sees me, right at the entrance.

- Ale Ale, mi amiga? - I hear it in the background and assume it's Lucy greeting Alexia.

- Votre espagnol est meilleur que votre français, Lucia Roberta. - "Your Spanish is better than your French, Lucia Roberta." I made fun of the player's language skills.

- Tais-toi, Laportita. - "Shut up, Laportita." I laugh at the angry face Lucy put on.

It's quite clear how the team's eyes followed our every move at this point.
Not for me and Lucy, but me and Alexia, who obviously arrived together and left in the same car.

Alexia and I pay no attention, exchanging a quick knowing glance when our backs are turned to the rest of them.

When I accepted this ride, I didn't remember that we would need to enter the dinner location together.

And I didn't even imagine I would go through this...

The reactions to seeing us arriving together were varied.

- Well, well Laportita, good to see you. Good to see you too, Alexia. - Mapi greets me as soon as I get close to the large table that is filled with Barcelona athletes and staff. The defender has a knowing smile, and I get the feeling she and Alexia exchanged glances in a silent conversation, because Mapi seemed to think of something else to say, but with Ale's look she fell silent.

- It explains why Alexia was so late. - Keira Walsh says and it's undeniable how cute her accent is.

- I didn't know you were so close. To ride in each other's cars, you must be very good friends. - Jana Fernández said, emphasizing the word FRIENDS.

Come on, Jana. Don't make the situation more awkward than it already is.

Before I can deny any assumption, I was surprised with a hug from behind.

- ISA! - Aitana says while hugging me.

Aitana attended several events this year and I had the pleasure of accompanying her to some of them, so her affection and warmth is no surprise to me.

After spending a few minutes chatting with Aitana, I manage to greet everyone.

The look everyone is giving me causes me a little panic.

I came here with the team and not as a supposed Alexia thing.

The jazz in the background isn't enough to distract me from the embarrassment.

Obviously Alexia and I were the last to arrive, so there were only two chairs left next to each other.

I kept casting barely concealed glances in Alexia's direction as we sat at the table.