Chapter Three

A/N: IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT IVE BEEN SO BUSY AJSKSKSKSKSLSK, i promise ill update this one more trust

"Soo... How was your first day Jake?" my mum asked. We're sitting at the dinner table. Milo is in his booster seat complaining about the mashed potatoes.

"It was good. I made a couple of freinds and stuff" I reply, not looking up from my plate.

"That's wonderful hun!" my mum warmly grinned at me and continued to try to get Milo to eat.

Today was weird. I don't think I've made a single friend since kindergarten, and today I made like four. Isn't that so... weird?

I thought about today a lot. My new classes, all the things Hailey told me, what classes I should and shouldn't skip, but mostly just the fact that someone talked to me.

I also thought about how friendly everyone was. It was kinda surprising to me to be honest. Even though Zander and Hailey bickered, they were still so sweet to me. I wonder why. Literally I've never met people as nice as them.

My mom came into my bedroom, while Milo was playing with trucks in the living room. She sat down on my bed with her phone buzzing in hand.

"Sorry Shannon, I can't talk right now, I gotta talk to my son about something, I'll call you later love!!" She hung up the  phone and turned it off.

"So, I got a call from your new school and they said that you never got the chance to select any electives, and wanted me to ask you what you wanted to sign up for!!" My mom warmly smiled and scrolled through a list on her phone, "Let's see, we have wood-working, drafting, intro to French, Spanish, or Mandarin, family consumer science, or musical things, like choir, orchestra, and band!"

"Oh," Choir would usually be my first choice, but there is no way I'm going through that whole mess again, "Uhmmmmmmm wood-working sounds good."

"Oh okay!! They said you can sign up for two, and then your other period will be free period after lunch for clubs and sports, so think about what you want as your second one, okay hun?" My mom kissed me on the forehead, "I'm proud of how strong you've been throughout all of this, your doing great." She ruffled my hair and ran back to the living room to check in Milo, since he was being awfully quiet.

"Another elective," I think to myself, though I couldn't really think of a choice that I wanted to pursue.  I decided to text Hailey about it, maybe she'd know what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"One new snap from Swaggy_sterling20"

"Oh! Jake texted me!" I say, me, Luke, Lia, and Zander were sitting on the floor of his bedroom doing a project for science.

"Oooh what'd he say?" Luke shot up from the position he was laying in on the bed, hanging over the edge upside down, to couch flipping onto the floor sitting on his knees, "Ow, head rush-"

"I'm not sure, let me check..." I opened the notification and read it aloud, "'Hey, my mom said I need to choose two extra classes to take, I already chose wood shop; any ideas??' Uhhh what do you guys think??"

"Does he have any musical abilities?" Zander asked, not looking up from his paper. He didn't sound very interested.

"Not sure, I'll ask him."

haileyyyxox:

do u have any musical talents like singing or sum

Swaggy_sterling20:

I guess Im alright at singing, but I dont really want to do choir.

haileyyyxox:

y not?? ig if u don't want to do choir u could do intro to french if u want, coz zander has that class so u could be with him 

Swaggy_sterling20:

Ok Ill think about it thanks Hailey

haileyyyxox:

ofc man js don't doubt urself; if u wanna join choir then join choir dummy no ones gonna make fun of u there's a gazillion choir kids im lit one of them lmao

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Tch. Yeah right." I say to myself, "I wasn't born yesterday."

Then again, everyone except those Drew and Justin guys seemed pretty nice. Maybe I could do choir.

"Screw it, what do I have left to lose"

Swaggy_sterling20 

You know what Im going to join choir