Chapter Two

"Guys! Wait up!!" Hailey takes ahold of my wrist, and runs after the other three people, "I want you guys to meet Jake! He! It's his first day!!"

"Jake, this is Luke, Lia, and Zander. Luke, Lia, and Zander, this is Jake!" 

The ginger-haired boy's eyes lit up, "Hi Jake! I'm Luke! It's nice to meet you!" the boy exclaimed. He looked a lot more cheerful than the other two. He had freckles all over his face and arms, and was wearing a jacket for the school's football team. 

"Nice to meet you too,"

The girl with a pony tail then spoke, "I'm Lia" She was a lot shyer than Luke. She was quieter too. 

Hailey nudged the blonde boy, who hand been staring at the floor the whole time. She elbowed him. 

"Ah-! Bloody hell Hailey?!" The blonde boy said. He had a faint british accent, "Oh. I'm Zander."

He made no eye contact and kept looking at the floor (autistic ass🙄)

"Well anyways, I think we should head to class. Cya guys!" Hailey put her hands behind her back and leaned a little bit. Luke and Zander both walked to their first period class, making small chit chat as they walked down the now almost empty halls.

"Oh Lia, Jake has first hour with us." Hailey said, "You wanna walk him to class with me?" 

"Uhm... sure." Lia responded. Her mind was elsewhere. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking to class was mostly just Hailey telling me stuff about the school. You know, the football team, stupid school folktales, the good and bad teachers, best places to hid for skipping, and all that jazz. But she brought up a talent show that caught my attention more than anything else. Even more than the apparent cockroach problem is the boy's locker room.

"There's going to be a talent show in a couple of weeks right before thanksgiving break!" Hailey said, cheerfully, "Me, Luke, and Zander are gonna be in it. Hey you should come see it!" 

The mentions of music, especially in a talent show caught me off guard. As much as I'd love to be in it, I don't want to get beat up again. I'd look like the kid from Wonder if another person found out about my song book.

"Oh that's cool. Yeah; sure I'll go see it" I responded, bluntly.

"Yay!!" Hailey did a little bit of a skip and went a couple feet ahead of me and Lia. Lia hadn't talked almost the entire time, and was on her phone texting someone. I didn't want to be nosy so I just minded my own business.

Alas, we made it to the classroom. It was out in the modular's outside of the school, near the parking lot. Hailey opened the door for me and Lia and bowed.

"Ladies first~" she giggled, and walked into the classroom after me and Lia both entered.

A grey-haired woman was near the door putting up a slide show of the agenda. She has dark brown eyes and wrinkles all over her face.

"Oh, you must be Jake! You can take a seat next to Drew, he's the boy with the purple hoodie and jean-jacket in the back of the class."

I made my way over to the desk which was only two away from Hailey's and three behind Lia's. The boy next to me was who I was instructed to sit by. He had tanned skin and extremely dark eyes. His hair was brown with a magenta ombré towards his bangs, that were tucked behind his ears. He kinda looked like Justin Bieber's baby era in the blandest way possible. He looked sorta friendly, I think?? He was talking to a boy with side swept hair and olive eyes. 

The magenta haired latter let out a breathy chuckle, "Got yourself a little boyfriend now, Hailey??" The boy smirked at Hailey, who was more than annoyed by his voice.