Chapter 9

Sophie POV:

We walked out of McGonigalls class, carrying our outfits. I walked with Harry before splitting with him to go to Hagrids.

I went over to Hagrids hut and knocked on the door.

"Go away!" He called.

I sighed and knocked again.

I heard a groan, then the door swung open. Hagrid sighed when he saw me. "Come on in."

We walked in and sat around a small wooden table. He was cooking something over the fire, making the place smell like meat. I tried to not pay attention to it.

"You wanted to talk with me when I got to Hogwarts." I told him, leaning forward. "What's up?"

He grunted and sat in his chair. "Blimey Sophie, I haven't seen someone like you in years. We have only had one transfer before, and he had blond hair and blue eyes. Him and I grew close as brothers. He told me to keep a secret for him. That he is an Elf."

I paled and Hagrid noticed.

"He left the semester early because he had to go deal with something called Project Moonlark or better known as Sophie Foster." Hagrid continued.

My mouth dried. "Who was your friend?"

He looked down at his shoes. "His name was Fintan Pyren."

I backed slightly away from Hagrid. "Do you keep in touch?"

He shook his head. "We stopped talking after our 4th year. Will you tell me why you backed away from me?"

"Do you know what Fintan has done to me?" I asked Hagrid.

He shook his head.

"When I was 12, he and the Neverseen kidnapped and tortured me for information." I told him. "Fintan burned me, and tried to get information out of my head."

Hagrid nodded. "He was a bad person. He was in Slytherin, and I was in Griffindoor. He would always make fun of students and bully them like how Malfoy does. We were really close, but then he left. I was greatful he did. Though Sophie, I hear that you Elves have powers. Explain."

I looked at my shoes. "Fintan is a Pyrokinetic. He could create a uncontrollable fire called Everblaze. Since I am the Moonlark, project Moonlark altered my DNA. I'm part Alicorn, and I grew up with humans. I have the ability to hear thoughts, which is why I always have my music in. I can inflict emotions on other people, I could Teleport if I am falling from a high structure, I could speak any language, and I could make any elves power stronger."

Hagrid sucked in a tight breath. "That's a lot.... Alicorn blood is very useful here to some people. It has the ability to keep you alive. Trust me if Voldemort finds you which thankfully he won't, but if he does, you can't let him have your blood."

I nodded. "Who is Voldemort?"

Hagrid looked at his stew which was steaming. He went over and poured it into a bowl. "Want some?"

I shook my head.

He sat back down and set his bowl down. "He was a dark Wizard. He killed Harry's parents, and was going to kill Harry with the killing curse, but he survived. The only person to ever do so. Harry nearly killed him that day, and weakened him so he could never attack anyone ever again."

I nodded.

"I want to show you something that you can't show anyone." Hagrid told me.

He left the hut and I followed. We went to the Forbidden Forest, where it was peaceful. As we got deeper I started hearing growling and shouts. I glanced at Hagrid who gave me a look saying "it's okay".

We then crouched behind some bushes. Hagrid and I looked over, where I saw 4 dragons, shooting fire and trying to escape their cages. There were some weird looking creatures running around that reminded me of an Elf, even though the only elves that exist are my kind.

"What is this?" I asked Hagrid.

"The first task." Hagrid said, not even looking at me. "I don't know what they are going to do with them, but I know that it will be apart of the first task."

"Why are you showing me?" I asked.

Hagrid looked at me with a sad expression. "I want to help you after what Fintan did to you. Only tell Harry about the dragons."

I nodded. "Will you tell anyone that I am an elf?"

Hagrid sighed. "I won't tell a soul."

I smiled. "Thank you. Though what are those creatures running around."

Hagrid laughed, then yelled. "Charlie come here!"

One of the creatures saw Hagrid, and rushed over to us. Once I saw the creature, I want sure if I was seeing right. It was an elf, with pointy ears, short, and had a long nose.

The elf looked at me. "It's an elf."

I smiled. "Your an elf too."

"Charlie hasn't seen an elf like this in years." Charlie said. "Charlie wants to know if you still live in the Lost Cities."

"I do live in the Lost Cities." I told him. "What kind of elf are you?"

Charlie wiped his nose on his shirt. "Charlie is a House Elf. Charlie serves Witches and Wizards."

I nodded, "Don't tell anyone I am an elf."

"Charlie won't say a word." Charlie said with his hand across his heart.

"Alright Charlie, get going now." Hagrid told him.

"Yes sir." Charlie said and ran off.

"It's getting late and dinner is soon." Hagrid told me.

I looked up and realized that it was sunset. "Let's go."

I quickly wrote a letter to Harry.

Dragons are the first task. Don't know the details, but be ready.

-Sophie

When I walked into the Dinning Hall, I was late and everyone was already eating. I walked through the path between Griffindoor and and Ravenclaws table. As I walked past Harry, I dropped the letter on his lap.

He watched me as I went over to the Slytherin table. Once I sat down he opened the letter. I watched him read it. Once he was done, he gave me a smile and nodded. I nodded back.

Then I ate and talked with my friends, trying to enjoy myself before life gets stressful.