II.II Hogwarts Express

Começar do início

"Ms. Greengrass, you just came from the direction this boy was coming from," began Harry, his silver eyes cold and calculating, "Tell me how many compartments did you find that were empty"

Daphne paused, her brow furrowing slightly as she thought back. "I passed at least three empty compartments on my way here," she replied, a hint of curiosity in her voice.

The redheaded boy looked slightly flustered. "I, uh, didn't check all of them," he stammered. "I just saw this one and... you're the boy who lived,"

"Ah so the truth of the matter comes out" sneered Harry, his silver eyes beginning to glow "Get out, I don't want people who only want to talk to me because of something that happened when I was a year old, so get out! Now!"

The redheaded boy's face fell, a mix of disappointment and embarrassment colouring his features. He nodded quietly, backing out of the compartment without another word.

Daphne watched the boy leave, then turned to Harry, her expression one of gentle reproof. "Harry, that was a bit harsh, don't you think? He's just a kid, probably overwhelmed by all the stories about 'The Boy Who Lived'. Maybe he was just curious."

Harry's glowing eyes dimmed as he processed her words, a pang of guilt washing over him. "You're right, Daphne. I guess I'm just... I'm tired of being seen as a symbol rather than a person." He sighed, looking out of the window, his gaze distant.

Daphne reached across, placing a reassuring hand on his. "I understand, Harry. But remember, not everyone knows the real you. Give them a chance. I know the real you, and I care for you all of the same, but please Harry you need to let others in, do it for me"

Harry nodded slowly, taking in Daphne's words. "You're right, Daphne. I'll try to be more understanding. It's just hard sometimes to separate who I want to be from who everyone expects me to be." He offered her a small, grateful smile.

Daphne smiled back, her eyes warm. "That's all anyone can ask, Harry. Just be yourself, and the right people will see you for who you truly are."

While they had been talking, the train had carried them out of London. Now they were speeding past fields full of cows and sheep. They were quiet for a time, watching the fields and lanes flick past.

Around half past twelve, there was a great clattering outside in the corridor and a smiling, dimpled woman slid back their door and said, "Anything off the cart, dears?"

"Yes madam," said the son of Artemis, "Do you have any lunch box?"

The woman nodded, her smile broadening. "Of course, dear. We have a variety of lunch boxes. There are sandwiches, fruits, cakes, and some magical treats as well. Anything in particular you fancy?"

Harry glanced at Daphne, who seemed to be considering her options. "Do you have any sandwiches with fresh vegetables? Something light?" Daphne asked.

"Yes, we have a selection of vegetarian sandwiches," the woman responded, pulling out a box that displayed an assortment of sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and various spreads.

"And for me," Harry said, "I'll have a chicken sandwich, please. And do you have any pumpkin pasties?"

The woman beamed at him. "Of course, dear. The pasties are a favourite among the students." She handed over a couple of pumpkin pastries along with the chicken sandwich.

Harry paid for their meals, and the woman moved on, pushing her cart down the corridor. They opened their lunch boxes, and Harry took a moment to appreciate the simple pleasure of sharing a meal with a friend.

"Harry you know you don't exactly have to pay for me, I can pay for myself," said Daphne,

"I know, but I wanted to" smiled Harry.