Shadows of Allegiance

Start from the beginning

In the quiet stillness of the night, Thereya lay in her bed, her gaze fixed on the ceiling. The recent events played like shadows in her mind, the brush with danger was leaving an indelible mark on her thoughts.

As Helaena slumbered peacefully beside her, Thereya's mind wandered, and the image of Aegon flickered in and out of her consciousness. The connection formed during the night's chaos lingered, and a faint smile tugged at the corners of Thereya's lips.

The room, bathed in the soft glow of moonlight, and Thereya finally drifted off to sleep.

As the early morning light bathed the council chamber, a heavy atmosphere hung in the air. The council had been summoned, and the key figures gathered. King Viserys Targaryen sat at the head of the table, his expression was stern and contemplative.

On one side of the table, Alicent Hightower sat with a composed demeanor, her eyes occasionally meeting those of Rhaenyra, who sat across from her.

The strained relationship between once long known best friends and now step mother and daughter-in-law cast a shadow over the room, the air was thick with unspoken grievances.

The council chamber, usually a space for strategic discussions, now became a stage for the intricate dance of power within their dynasty. As they awaited the arrival of other key figures, the room buzzed with an undercurrent of anticipation and conflicts.

The council room's door swung open, breaking the heavy silence, as Tyland Lannister entered, a quizzical expression on his face. "What's all this fuss about, Your Grace?" he inquired, directing his question to King Viserys.

As Tyland took his seat, the room stirred with the entry of Harrold Westerling, Lyman Beesbury, and Jasper Wylde, each carrying an air of curiosity and readiness for the council's proceedings.

The tension within the room shifted as the councilors settled around the table, their gazes lingering on the unresolved tensions between Alicent and Rhaenyra.

King Viserys, recognizing the need for unity, cleared his throat to address the council. "We gather today to discuss the recent threat against Princess Thereya and to chart a course forward. Let us navigate these treacherous waters with caution and wisdom."

The council room, now filled with a diverse array of personalities and interests, became the battleground for political maneuvering.

Tyland Lannister, with a wry chuckle, interjected, "Your Grace, forgive my ignorance, but is this new princess a recent addition to Targaryen family? I wasn't aware we had a new arrival. Perhaps a proper introduction is in order before we delve into the details of the threat."

Jasper Wylde, nodding in agreement, added, "Tyland has a point. It would be helpful to have more information about this new member of House Targaryen before we proceed with our discussions. How did she appear so suddenly, and what role does she play in your family dynamics?"

The room, now buzzing with questions and skepticism, reflected the council's collective desire for clarity and transparency in the face of the unfolding events.

The mystery surrounding Princess Thereya became a focal point, casting shadows over the deliberations that awaited them.

King Viserys, breaking the silence, addressed Tyland Lannister's inquiry. "Gentlemen, I intended to leave the introduction for the upcoming feast in Princess Thereya's honor. A warm welcome into our house would be a fitting start to her presence among us."

As the council absorbed this information, King Viserys continued, "And to clarify, Princess Thereya is my brother's... Daemon's daughter."

A heavy quiet settled over the room, and the members of the council exchanged knowing glances. The acknowledgment of Thereya's parentage left an unspoken tension, the complex history between Daemon and the rest of the council lingering in the air. Rhaenyra, perhaps the only one with reasons to stand by Daemon, held her composure.