Back From The Dead

Rhaenyra stood alone on the expansive balcony, her silhouette a somber figure against the backdrop of the evening sky painted in shades of twilight. She wore a gown of deep black, its flowing fabric catching the occasional breeze that whispered through the air. Her white hair, meticulously arranged, framed her face with a solemn elegance, a visual testament to the weight of her sorrow.

In her hand, she held a single white rose, its petals pristine against the dark canvas of her attire. The flower, a symbol of purity and remembrance, seemed to carry the essence of a poignant farewell.

Rhaenyra's gaze fixated on the horizon where the sea met the sky, a timeless boundary that mirrored the eternal cycle of life and death.

With a sigh that resonated with the melancholy of her heart, Rhaenyra gently tossed the white rose into the expanse below. It descended gracefully, like a fleeting spirit seeking solace in the embrace of the sea.

The waves welcomed the floral tribute, and as it danced momentarily on the water's surface, Rhaenyra whispered, her voice barely audible, "Let the Gods guide you back to your home."

As the rose was claimed by the gentle currents, a sense of closure enveloped Rhaenyra. She remained on the balcony, the sea breeze carrying away the echoes of her silent mourning.

Alicent, burdened by the weight of grief, stepped onto the balcony, her footsteps echoing the heaviness in her heart. In her trembling grasp, she held a single black rose, its petals a reflection of the mourning that draped her like a shroud. Her face, etched with lines of sorrow, bore the indelible mark of Aegon's death.

As she approached the edge of the balcony, her eyes met Rhaenyra's, two figures entwined in shared sorrow. The sea below churned with a silent understanding of the somber moment unfolding above its depths.

Alicent's voice, shaky yet resolute, pierced the stillness of the sunset, "Mother, watch over my son."

With a breath that carried the weight of countless emotions, she released the black rose into the expanse of the sea. It descended, a dark tribute to the loss of a cherished soul. Rhaenyra's gaze lingered, acknowledging the shared pain that transcended their differences.

The sea claimed the symbol of mourning, and as the waves embraced it, Alicent whispered her silent plea once more to the winds that carried her words into the night.

The balcony, witness to the tragedy, stood silent as the two grieving figures found solace in the shared act of letting go. The sky above, indifferent to the affairs of mortals, adorned the sky like distant beacons, lending a quiet backdrop to the lament of a mother's heart.

A childless mother... What a danger to the world...

As Alicent turned to depart, the heavy air on the balcony thick with shared grief, Rhaenyra reached out and gently clasped her hand, an unspoken connection in the face of unimaginable loss. Rhaenyra's mouth opened to offer comfort, but the words faltered in the presence of overwhelming sorrow.

Their eyes locked, and as Rhaenyra sought solace in her gaze, Alicent's face flickered with a storm of emotions, sorrow interwoven with fiery anger. With tear-streaked cheeks and a voice tinged with bitterness, she unleashed a solemn oath that echoed through the stillness,

"If I uncover that your traitorous husband stands behind this, behind the deaths of my son and Thereya, I will not rest until every one of your bastards meets their end. This will be only the beginning." Alicent pulled her hand away and left with her footsteps echoing.

Her words carried a weight that seemed to shift the very atmosphere around them.

"Alicent!" Rhaenyra called after her but the only thing she could hear was doors slamming.