Let Them Whisper

Amidst the tension, Rhaenyra's eyes narrowed with resolve. "Alicent, this won't stand. I will bring this before the court. Thereya's safety concerns us all, and no decree of yours will keep me from my family."

Alicent, unmoved, met Rhaenyra's threat with steely composure. "You are free to do as you please, but do you guarantee that every person in the Red Keep wishes for the safety of the princess? To me, it looks like you are once again blinded by that same old lust."

As their argument escalated, Aegon, still seated on the bed in a state of inebriation, observed the familial clash with a detached gaze. His half-naked form and drunken demeanor painted a stark contrast to the serious discussion unfolding before him. The drama of the night, a volatile mix of danger and familial strife, played out in the dimly lit chambers.

In the midst of their heated exchange, a realization dawned on Rhaenyra. The accusing glint in Alicent's eyes suggested a suspicion that Daemon might be behind the threat to Thereya's life. Outraged by the implication, Rhaenyra's voice sharpened.

"Alicent, do you truly believe Daemon would harm his own flesh and blood?" Rhaenyra retorted, her tone defiant. "Whatever differences exist between us, he is not capable of such treachery. You dishonor our family with baseless accusations."

Alicent, unyielding, countered, "I am merely ensuring the safety of this realm and its future. The court will decide the truth."

As the tension heightened, Rhaenyra staunchly defended Daemon, her loyalty to her family name overpowering the animosity that had defined their relationship.

Alicent's retort cut through the charged air, her voice cold and dismissive. "Rhaenyra, you are a fool if you cannot see the darkness that Daemon harbors. His ambitions are boundless, and he would sacrifice anything, even his own blood, to achieve them. Open your eyes to the truth, for your blind loyalty may lead to our downfall."

Rhaenyra, undeterred, shot back, "I won't be swayed by your accusations. Daemon is not the villain you paint him to be, and I will stand by my family against any threat, real or perceived."

The room echoed with the clash of convictions, as familial bonds strained under the weight of suspicion and differing perspectives. The unresolved tensions was filling the air.

As the heated exchange unfolded in Aegon's chambers, the door swung open to reveal the imposing figures of Otto Hightower and Viserys Targaryen, the King. Otto, with a wry smile, assessed the scene with a knowing glance.

"Well, well, now... What is the meaning of this?" Otto remarked, his tone dripping with sly amusement. "A family quarrel, it seems. Alicent, care to enlighten us on the cause of this commotion?"

Alicent, maintaining her composure, spoke first. "Thereya's safety is at risk. I've taken measures to protect her, and princess Rhaenyra seems determined to undermine them."

Viserys, acting like ever the diplomatic monarch, stepped forward. "Let us hear both sides before passing judgment. Family matters are delicate, and I will not tolerate further discord."

Rhaenyra seized the opportunity. "Father, Alicent suspects Daemon of orchestrating a threat against Thereya. I defend him, for I know he is not capable of such treachery."

Otto's gaze lingered on Alicent, a silent acknowledgment of the complexities within the family. Viserys, torn between his wife and daughter, sought a resolution that would bring harmony to the tense chamber. The presence of the King and Otto added a new layer of tension.

Otto Hightower, ever the strategist, observed the familial tension with a calculating gaze. "This dispute cannot be settled within these chambers alone," he declared, his voice carrying a weight of authority. "We shall bring this matter to court. Let the truth be revealed and justice be served."