Chapter 18: It's time

Your eyes widened at the familiar presence surging from the lobby. Now nestled under Alastor's arms, you watched as he peacefully fell asleep. Casting a spell to make your movements unnoticed, you left a gentle kiss on his forehead before silently slipping away.

A snap of your fingers, and you were properly clothed. Exiting the room with a serious and deliberate pace, the weight in your heart grew as you neared the lobby. The pain of the past, the rage, and sadness resurfaced—the haunting reasons for your continued existence in this accursed place.

Taking a deep breath, you approached the door, hand poised to enter. Once inside, there would be no turning back. It was time to set the plan in motion, to confront the past once again.

You pushed the door open, entering the room to find your creation, loyal follower Louise Madexdei, standing there. He bowed as you walked towards him with a cold gaze.

You looked at him, as if aware of his purpose. Why had he returned to your side? The answer was apparent: he had found what you had lost eons ago.

"My lady," he bowed, and you extended your hand. He kissed the top of it, presenting something hidden beneath his coat. Your eyes glowed crimson as you recognized the familiar holiness surrounding the letter.

"Where did you get that?" you asked, taking a step back.

"It's from a friend," Louise replied, forgetting to conceal the fondness in his eyes. Your amusement grew—your once cold creation had found companions, blessed ones at that.

"Seems you enjoyed your venture into the mortal world, Louise. Found something you like?" you teased, taking the letter from his gloved hand. Observing his embarrassed reaction, you rolled your eyes.

Opening the letter, you read its contents, and your eyes widened in disbelief.

"This cannot be..." you breathed out, and Louise looked at you with concern. Lysandra and Lily joined the room, their expressions mirroring worry. Lysandra glared at Louise.

"Whatever did you do, boy?" Lysandra coldly asked, and Louise, frustrated, vowed to avenge the situation.

"You two are not helping."

"How is he alive? I thought he died. Master Jackson said so," you muttered in disbelief, clutching the letter tightly.

"Are you certain about this, Louise?" you asked, and he nodded.

"He will not be lying, my lady. Constantine will not dare to. He knows who you are, as I informed him about it," Louise answered, and you took a seat.

Louise looked at you with deep anticipation, eager to understand why the name of the vampire affected you so profoundly.

"My lady, if you don't mind. How did you know about David? The founder of the vampire legion," you looked at Louise in disbelief.

"Founder of what? David? David Harellan?" you questioned him, and Louise nodded.

"Yes, my lady. That vain sinner precisely." You laughed dryly, the laughter turning more into a maniacal growl. Standing up, you paced back and forth in front of the furnace.

"Now, I get it. I finally do!" you growled.

This was no pure coincidence. Your first and last love in the mortal world, David Harellan, was one of Master Jackson's apprentices. Unlike you, he was deeply interested in dark magic. You tried to dissuade him, thinking he had listened.

Trusting him with your past, you had loved him. Now, you found out he was a vampire? Master Jackson had claimed he died fighting orcs on a mission while you stayed at the tower, mourning his loss.

Your breath shortened, head aching. Clutching your chest and head, you slowly knelt to the ground.

"My lady!" came their faint voices. You struggled to hear them clearly. Something stirred within you, a distant recollection.

Turning your gaze to the dancing flames beside you, you saw more than just the flickering fire. Forgotten memories resurfaced.

A cloaked figure entered your tower room. Despite your intoxicated haze, you focused on the intruder's hand. A sharp blade gleamed in his grasp—a weapon unmistakably owned by your master. The devil's teeth were not crafted from Lucifer's teeth, but a metaphorical name for a blade that drained its victim's mana upon stabbing.

"Who the hell dares to intrude on my mourning?" you slurred, attempting to stand, only to be pushed back into your seat.

The intruder lifted his cloak, revealing a surprising sight.

"David?" you tried to reach for his face, but he forcefully rejected your touch.

His eyes emitted anger, and more prominently, lust—for power.

"How are you alive?" you asked, and he grinned mysteriously.

"That's a secret~"

"What—"

You gasped in surprise and pain, clutching David's hands that held the dagger. Blood began to flow from your mouth as you stared at him.

"What are you doing?" you breathed, and he hummed.

"Taking what I deserved. You said you love me, right? Then do this for me, okay?" He grinned, his once brown eyes now turned purple. How?

Wait...

"The triplets!" you hissed, attempting to grab David's neck. He yelped and fell backward.

You struggled as he tried to remove the dagger from your chest, failing miserably. Your tears mixed with blood as you choked on your words.

"You betrayed me... for them! I will not forget this betrayal! Whatever power they promised you will turn into a sick curse that you will regret for the rest of your life! Do not forget about me, David. Never. I will come back to reap what you fucking sow!"

Gritting your teeth in anger, a surge of power emanated from you, blasting your people away. Slowly standing, still clutching your chest, you declared,

"And they did curse you with immortality, craving blood eternally. How cruel fate is, right David? Hiding my wings for them? How foolish can you be?" The laughter of disbelief escaped you as you stood straight, hands falling to your sides, eyes glowing bright red.

"It seems I will have to visit an old flame. My, this will be an exciting reunion!" you hissed in pure venom.

To be continued~