Chapter 1: Alessandra

Word count: 1099 words

Funny how I always find myself in this situation.

Head down, water rushing through my mouth and nose and the lack of oxygen as the hot and popular girls stuck my head in a toilet while repeatedly flushing it.

And let me tell you something, Alaskan toilets water are freezing, even with all the warming in the toilets.

I felt my head being dragged up as Brittany, the head of the HAPG, turned me to look at her face. Her nose lined with freckles and framed by her shoulder length wavy brown hair, her green eyes stuck out and shone with malice and envy for me.

" Now listen here you rejected piece of scum, this was just a warning...." I have had a lot of warnings in the past few weeks ".....the next time you so much as look at Conner will be the last time you ever live "

I felt like punching her but I couldn't cause I was absolutely weak. But it's not like it was my fault Conner kept on looking at me and always sending winky faces my way, but nonetheless I still nodded in affirmation and she let me go, walking out with the rest of the HAPG.

I got up and went to the mirror. My face was blotchy and red from the lack of oxygen, my hair sticking out in different places and my heart filled with so much pain.

The doors to the toilets burst open and my best friend Cindy Collins, walked in with my only other friend, Francesca Hughes.

They rushed to me and I leaned on their shoulders as Cindy started calling my brother. And I waited for him to come and rescue me as usual.

They cleaned me up and helped brushed my teeth to get rid of the toilet water taste before tying up my snowy blonde hair into a loose bun and cleaning my face with a wet wipe.

Once they were done, they led me out of the toilet and we walked down the hallway were I saw my brother making his way towards us.

He reached me in an instant and hugged me tightly and gave me a sense of reassurance. He held me and gave me a sense of safety but I didn't feel it anymore.

I was tired of life, just fucking tired of life. I looked up at my brother and into his metallic silver eyes that matched his silver strands of hair perfectly. He looked at me with concern and anger and I was getting tired of it. He couldn't stop the bullies then no one could, this was just my life.

" Let's go home " he said softly but I shook my head. I wanted to stay and so I started walking to my next class not bothering to stop and listen to any of the three people who called my name and tried begging me to go home.

I walked into class and all eyes turned to me but I looked at the teacher. She was about to start screaming but stopped when she noticed who walked in.

" I wondered where you were, take a seat Ally " she told me softly and I nodded.

I walked to the back of the class and sat down as she continued teaching. This was natural, seeing as it happened at least twice a week.

Who were my bullies?

I would never answer that question, nope I won't answer it.

Something hit the side of my head and landed on my table in front of me and I looked around and met Conner's eyes. Perfect.

He gave me a smile and nod off encouragement and I opened the crumbled piece of paper and read it's contents.

I sighed after I was done. Why did he want to know who did this to me. I could say he did it seeing as he's the reason Brittany always comes to visit me and potentially try to kill me.

I didn't reply the note but kept on listening to the teacher and taking down notes. I wasn't going to reply to him and make myself a victim of some sorts, again. no

" Alessandra? " The principal's voice rang through the intercom breaking the peaceful silence that fell over the class as we were all doing the exercise the teacher gave out.

Sighing, I gathered my things and made my way out of class and through the hallways and finally to the principal's office, I knocked twice and waited for him to say 'come in'.

I wasted no time to enter the minute he said it. Inside the office, I looked at the back of a woman with a very familiar head filled with silver curls and the principal who stared at me in pity.

" Miss Xerxes " he said pointing to the chair besides the woman and I slowly took a seat and waited for the woman to lash out at me.

" You never told me you were bullied " my mom said in the calmest voice I had ever heard from her.

" Who did this, tell me and I'll make them pay " I had no doubt you would but I feared what would happen to me when I do tell.

So I clamped my mouth shut " Alessandra, I have just you and Alessandro, no one else. I can't bear to lose you "

Silence.

" Please tell me who did this to you " not a chance.

I wasn't going to risk being called the spoiled daughter of Miss Vivian Xerxes more than I already am.

Ah, Vivian Xerxes, Ice valley biggest investor, you could say she runs the town because the mayor literally licks the ground my mom walks on.

I shook my head for the fifth time after she asked me the same question and she huffed in annoyance before grabbing her bag and mine and telling the principal a soft goodbye.

" Get in the car now " I nodded and left the office as she followed me. She dropped the bags in the front seat as I slid into the back seat and waited.

She entered her seat and gripped the steering wheel in frustration as she waited and within minutes Alessandro was running down the school steps and into the back seat of the car with me.

He turned to look at me before turning to mom " did she tell you " he asked and she shook her head.

He sighed audibly and turned to me and sighed again.

He didn't say a word as mom drove us out of school and towards our home.