12°𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I know but what about everything else that happened" you said defeated.

"You were drunk y/n, you both were fucked actually" she said before finishing her coffee.

"I wasn't when we started"

"Doesn't mean she wasn't" she walked past you to put the empty mug in the sink.

You finished your coffee and also put your mug in the sink "I just don't want her to regret it"

"I'm sure she won't, just give her time okay?" She tried reassuring you "Try forgetting about her today"

"How am I supposed to do that when her parlour is across the street, what if I see her" you ask while getting a wash cloth to start cleaning.

"Ignore her, pretend she isn't there" she said while shrugging.

"Easy for you to say, you won't be here the whole day"

"It is easy for me because I don't let myself worry about things that are out of my control" she said proudly.

"I'm happy it's so easy for you" you remarked sarcastically.

"You'll survive y/n" she gave you a reassuring smile before she left the bakery.

You sigh one last time and put a smile on your face waiting for the first customer.

  ૢ

Your bakery was filled with cheerful voices, the sound of mugs being put down on tables and the soft music in the background. It has been a busy but good day and you luckily haven't thought that much about Vi but unfortunately every time you heard a notification from your phone your heart skipped a beat but it was never her. It was almost time to close up so all the customers started making their way out of bakery, you really didn't want to be alone.

"Hi" you heard a customer say, you quickly snapped out of your thoughts.

"Hello, what can I get for you today" you said with a smile.

"A coffee and a slice of chocolate cake please" they smiled back at you.

"Of course, would that be all?" You asked while typing the order into the computer.

"Actually I was wondering if I could finish my work here? I know you'll be closing soon but I really need some peace and quiet" they asked nervously.

"Of course no worries, you can go take a seat and I'll bring your order soon" you smile at them.

"Thank you so much" they smile tiredly and made their way to one of the tables.

You quickly started making their coffee and cutting a slice of the cake, you got everything together and made your way to them.

"Thank you, I won't be too long" they say while quickly looking up from their laptop.

"Take your time" you said before turning around.

You made your way to the door and turned the sign around from 'open' to 'closed' and you started cleaning the empty tables along side washing the dirty dishes. You made your way to the customer and saw they were finishing up.