•19•

Brandy's POV~

Brandy's POV~

My eyes open and let in the light, the sound of crackling filling my ears and I attempt to blink away the blur

My eyes open and let in the light, the sound of crackling filling my ears and I attempt to blink away the blur. A contraption on the table spins softly with sparklers pointing out the sides. My eyes fully focus and my senses come fully to, allowing me to notice that me and Vi are strapped to a large chair together, in front of us, the contraption on the floor.

"Really thought I buried this place. But, I should've know better."

"Powder?" A slightly disoriented Vi calls out to the dark.

"Nothing ever stays dead."

Metal clanging and eerie footsteps can be heard all around the area with no definite source. I hate this place, its creepy as hell.

"Are we alone?"

"For now." You could tell that she was circling us, but we couldn't pin point where she was, the two of us frantically looking about the room to try find her. "Maybe forever. Wanna know a secret? Silco thinks he made Jinx, with all his rants and his hard-won lessons. 'Exercise your doubts Jinx.' 'Be what they fear, Jinx.'. But he didn't make Jinx... You did."

She looks to us from the side of the room, her silhouette barely visible, but a glowing purple eye is. She's changed even further than before. Vi sighs, upset and sets her head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Powder. I never meant to leave you."

"You never left. I always heard you. Shadows in the streets and the prickles on the back of my neck. Your voice. Pushing me. Picking me up when all the colours were black. You're the reason I'm still alive."

"I spent so many nights in that shitty prison. On that freezing floor, hungry, bloody, counting the hours. The only thing-- The only thing that kept me going was the thought of getting back to you."