14. - Snake VS Kitsune.

Start from the beginning

What the hell? She even knows about 'Devourer'? Just how long has she been following me?

Wait.. could it be that the feeling of being watched I got earlier, was her observing me?
But if so... How didn't I notice her?

Analysis suggests that the Individual you're facing possesses a skill that allows her to eliminate her presence completely.

It's that voice again...
I'm assuming that's 'Mage' activating sub-consciously.

But that's besides the point - she has a skill that allows her to eliminate her presence completely?
Sounds similar to my 'Presence Erase' skill... only better.

I looked back towards the girl - I had this strong urge to ask her why she was attacking me, however I was unable to force any words out of my mouth.

'Would she even bother answering..?'

I thought, before quickly dodging another attack of that fire whip she used earlier.
She began to once again throw out a flurry of whip attacks towards me, each one getting faster and faster every time.

'I can dodge them.. but for how long..?'

I thought, leaping through shadows.
While my Magical Energy was extraordinary high, it wasn't infinite. Every time I used my skill 'Shadow Manipulation' it drained my Magical Energy by a small portion (4-8 points).

While it would take a long while for me to drain all my Magical Energy, I myself wasn't sure just how long I could keep going before getting bored.

This game of her attacking and me dodging went on for a small while.
Her attacks were relentless, so finding a way to grab an opening or an attack of my own was kinda difficult.

?: "If you're just going to dodge forever, you may as well surrender now."

She stated, stopping her whip attacks.
I landed a small distance away from her, staring at her with a serious, yet rather confused gaze.

?: "Seriously..? This is what killed my sister?"

She said with slight anger and a tiny bit of disgust in her voice.

'Man.. she does not sound happy at all... And what's this whole "I killed her sister" thing about?'

I thought before sighing.

"Why do you think I killed your sister?"

I asked.
The girl seemed surprised by my ability to speak, however exhaled a moment later.

?: "So you can speak... Clears throat. It's simple. I was told that a Serpent killed her using some sort of Shadow related skill."

She replied, before looking down, clenching her hands into fists.

?: "And then that serpent apparently devoured her soul.."

She looked at me furiously.

Wait... Don't tell me that she's talking about that Sixtails I killed?
Was that thing her sister?
It couldn't be - right? They look nothing a like!

I gulped before trying to make myself appear more 'friendly'.

"I did kill a Sixtails the other day, but-"

Before I could finish, the girl launched a powerful cross made of blue flames at me.
I just barely managed to dodge by diving into my own shadow.

'Bitch! She didn't even let me finish!'

I thought before leaping back out of the shadow.

?: "You just confirmed your crime, you Dirty Inferior Monster!"