Part 30

Chapter 30

The battle that would go on to occur at Grey Gallows would mark a major milestone in the Targaryen empire, for it would bring an end to a near century-long conflict that had plagued the seven Kingdoms, The Backfire Rebellion. The conflict that had begun with the debauchery of King Aegon IV would finally come to an end.

King Rhaegar would enter the battle on his dragon. The roar of which would signal the start of the battle. Five thousand heavy cavalry would charge at the ranks of the Blackfyre forces, while the Rhaegar would stride over the battlefield atop his dragon and douse the opposing forces in its flames.

Yet soon, an old enemy shall resurface. Just as the Blackfyre cause seemed absolutely lost, an armada would break through the right flank of the Royal Army, cutting through the Royal ships in what is even regarded these days as the Drowned God's last Roar. Euron Greyjoy and his fleet would cut through the royal army's ships and enter the battlefield with three thousand men and a very special instrument.

A dragon horn, a relic of Old Valyria, used to control dragons. The mystery of how Euron Greyjoy got the said object is debated even today, and many believe it to be nothing but divine intervention, a sort of revenge from the Drowned God.

Yet no matter as the exiled Greyjoy would blow on the magical horn, the dragon of King Rhaegar would rebel against its rider and come crashing down on the battlefield. And at that moment, many thought the King was dead, Gods would take mercy on the Royal family, and the King would stand up, injured and bruised yet alive.

The dragon would rampage, struggling to escape from the effect of the horn, and in desperation, would take to the skies, eluding the control of the horn, and upon seeing the flag bearer of the Royal army stranded, the leader of the rebellion would rush at him, lance in hand hoping to emerge victorious by bringing down yet another King.

0000

ARTHUR DAYNE-The Sword of the Morning

The Commander of the Whitecloaks's horse jumped off the massive ships. The black warhorse was larger than any other in the army, a special breed specifically for the White Cloaks and the Royal army. However, in this instant, the King was in no need of his remarkable steed.

Jamie Lannister followed him, clad in armor that held more gold in its plates than many Noble Houses held in their treasuries. However, thankfully, the armor was well forged and wasn't just pointless ostentation.

Both of them rode through the rows and rows of army men. The men separated as they made way for them, as they moved to the front.

"Where is he?" questioned the Lannister heir, and Arthur was asking himself the same question as he glanced at the army assembled opposite them. They had already forced them to exhaust their long-range weaponry, and now the only thing left was to put an end to this whole ordeal once and for all.

The cavalry assembled behind him as their ships laid siege to the whole island, hence trapping the Blackfyre forces on this island.

"He will be here," Arthur said, hoping that his words would be true, and his eyes narrowed as he saw the commander of the opposing force step out. His black-colored armor distinguished him from the rest of the Golden army with their golden armor.

The flag he held in his hands resembled the one held by his squire, a three-headed black dragon on a red field. Opposite in coloring to the one he held in his hands.

"That's him, Daemon Blackfyre," uttered Jamie Lannister from the side, and Arthur nodded as he glanced back at the army and gave an order to the men.

"MEN! WEAPONS UP!" he shouted, and the cavalry men picked up their lances as they stepped forward, and they waited for the signal from their King.