Part 11

Chapter 11

Benjen Stark was the first Stark ever to be named a Kingsguard. His choice was another surprise, yet King Aerys wanted to bring the eternally estranged and isolated Kingdom of the North closer to the rest of Westeros. Benjen Stark, the third son of Lord Rickard Stark, would serve as a page to Lord Tarly and then would join the Kingsguard later. His most prominent reason for fame would not be his sword or lance skill, for he was mediocre at it compared to his other brethren of the Kingsguard.

Instead, it would be for his skill as a covert operative. He would go on to free Lady Genna Lannister from her captivity, allowing his King to attack the Iron Islands without worrying about her safety.

0000

GENNA LANNISTER

The cold wind blew and made her shiver as she huddled in closer to save herself from the cold. She inched closer to the rags she had been given to cover herself as she looked around from her cage. The whole room was filled with cages, most of them littered with whimpering women. Her birth had allowed her some protection, yet those who weren't blessed with her status had been ravaged by the beasts who had captured them.

The ground was wet with blood, and the room stank as some died from hunger and some by choice. Choosing to kill themselves over enduring the savagery at the hands of their captors. Her stomach grumbled, yet she folded onto herself and tried to take her mind off her hunger. She thought about her brother, about her home, and hoped that someone would come for her.

She prayed to the Seven and any other God that would listen as she looked around the room and saw all those hollow faces. The look in those eyes made her heart ache. They just lay there, staring at the wall, huddled together, with bare skin and torn clothes, as they tried to find solace in each other's arms.

Suddenly there was the sound of footsteps, and there was a hint of emotion as the girls' faces became paler, and many began to Skiddle backward in their cages, hoping that the darkness would eat them up. Her heart began to rumble as the footsteps got louder and louder.

Could this be it? Could this be her last day?

The door to the prison opened, and their captors began to fiddle in, a torch in hand, as they laughed and japed with each other.

"Hey perhaps, we could make some time to make quick work on one of them," said one of the Iron Islanders as his eye looked through the room. Hunger was apparent in them as he saw the women skidding back into their cages.

There were four of them, and she recognized three of them. They had been regular visitors. The sigils on their armor made it apparent that they belonged to House BlackTyde. She saw his eyes linger on her as dread pooled in her gut.

"Ahh! Here she is, our unspoiled Lannister!" said the man from house BlackTyde his face was repulsive and had a huge gash on it with a misshapen nose. Hi licked his lips as he walked in closer to her iron cell.

"Perhaps it is time I have a go on her!" he said as he looked straight at her, and her heart shivered at her words, yet she did not look away. She couldn't show them fear.

His two companions stepped forward. Eyes focused on her as they smiled hungrily at her.

"They say Lannisters shit gold! She hasn't. Perhaps we should open up her guts and see what's wrong!" commented one of them, and she chewed her lips as her heart began to thump in her chest. Suddenly she found her eyes landing on the last member of the four, and her eyes widened as she saw a quick shimmer of silver.

"AGHHH!" suddenly, one of them screamed as the silver cut off his head, and the whole room descended into chaos. The two captors who had been staring at her jumped back as she got dyed red.