Abyss Aether AU Part 1: Cursed

Beginne am Anfang

"Hold it!" She calls out to him.

He freezes. He silently prepares the Abyssal Energy in his right hand just in case this would be bloody. 

"You're fast enough to catch my macaroni, but not fast enough to catch me? How utterly insulting! Do you know who I am?" The girl asked.

"...I'm not a local. I'm an Outlander," He answered honestly. "And based on what I've seen, I'm just sure that you're just a lady who has no idea how to feed cats."

"Why... You...," She gets out of the bush and gets in front of him. Tip-toeing to make sure she's slightly taller than him. Aether was unphased. He has to be. If he has to kill her, he has to- 

"I am Focalors! The God of Justice! Better known yet as the Hydro Archon. But you may call me Furina de Fontaine!" The girl introduced herself with a smug grin and a false bravado. 

Great.

He can't kill her.

Aether breathed a sigh of relief. All he has to do is to make this god submit to the Abyss one day. Nothing major. He knows the consequences of killing a god. Not that he cares..., but it would just be more inconvenient if he proceeded to just act on his... instincts.  

"So who may you be, dear Outlander?" She asked, looking all over him. "I've never seen such... unique fashion choices... Are you a model of some kind? Sponsoring a brand new clothing brand?"

"Flirting with me already, Mademoiselle de Fontaine?" He teased.

"...Wha- No," She blushed. "No, no, no, no. What... ridiculous ideas you have? Someone as prestigious as myself flirting with a random stranger that they've met? Do you take me for a hopeless romantic fool? Dreaming about romance to happen to her all of a sudden?"

"You look like the type," He bluntly stated. He just now noticed that he's enjoying this conversation. A lot actually. Either that or it's because the god in front of him is just... weirdly charming. 

"Hey! Why you... I could have you convicted for disrespecting an Archon you know? My accusations bear a great weight in my country," She tries to threaten him.  

"Is your pride really that fragile? I expected more patience from a just god," He smirked.

"I... I...," She was at a loss of words. He truly didn't believe or fear her divinity. What would she do? What could she do to give her the upper hand in this situation. If word leaks out to other countries that she isn't a god meant to be worshipped then Fontaine would-

"But... as a god, I expect more respect from humans like you," She recovers. "Whether you're a local or not. Respecting the law is something that everyone should do should they not?"

"My apologies then... I just have a habit for teasing cute girls such as yourself," He raises an eyebrow. "It's both a blessing and a curse."

Furina blushed. 

He... called her cute.

Cute.

Wait, what's wrong with her? She gets complimented every single day. It's supposed to flatter her sure, but... Oh God. Is this what having a crush feels like? To an Outlander like him? No. No. No. This won't do. She's not THAT easy. 

She looks at him further. He does look like a prince. But his attitude could use a lot of work... 

Aether chuckles. So she gets flustered easily. He's starting to think that this goddess is his type. 

"That tongue of yours will be your downfall," She glares at him. "It'll lead you to the Fortress of Meropede if you don't know how to restrain it."

"Is flattery a crime in Fontiane too?" He asked, trying to look innocent.