CHAPTER FOUR

Atom Bomb

"Come on! I thought we were done with that

"Come on! I thought we were done with that." Ruby said the next morning.

"Yeah, what the hell?" Annie agreed.

"Okay. We were. And then..." Isabelle started to say.

"Spit it out." Beth said snapping her fingers.

"I... I... I offered to do another job."

"Uh..."

"You asked for this?"

"It's not like we don't need the money. We all still need the money." Isabelle said and Annie snickered.

"So you asked for this?"

"No. Obviously not this." She pointed at the man on the bed.

Annie started to chuckle.

"Shh."

"I'm sorry. I just can't believe I wasn't there when it happened." Annie said.

"I just said that we would possibly, if everything was right, just pick up another load of the fake cash. What's the big deal?" Isabelle asked.

"The big deal is you volunteered us?" Ruby asked.

"It's literally paper."

"You can't sign people up for criminal activity like it's a bake sale."

"Understood. But can you help me get this stranger out of my house please?"

"Oh, you want some help now? I'm sorry. Why don't you call your boyfriend, the gangbanger?" Ruby said.

"He's not my boyfriend for the last time. I don't even know the guy's name." Isabelle said.

"No, but I bet he does. Right? Maybe I can... Okay, I guess I'll do it." Annie said and took his phone out his pocket.

"What's the last number he called?" Beth questioned.

"Paper John's."

"The last person, Annie."

"Mom, Mom, Mom, and Rio."

***

Later she met up with Rio.

"That's not what I meant when I said we'd do another job. Who is that guy?" Isabelle asked.

"He works for me." Rio replied.

"Does he wash the money?" Beth asked.

"Doesn't matter, there's been a miscommunication." Isabelle said.

"Oh, so you think you can pick and choose what you wanna do and when you wanna
do it." Rio said.

"She thought it would be like driving for Uber." Ruby commented.