"You look hot. Mind if I smash?" he joked, a teasing smile on his face.

"You can't handle me boo," Layla responded as she walked to his counter and pulled herself up on it, sitting down. Max cackled as he turned around and continued with what he was doing. From what Layla could see, he was making what looked like party food. Snacks, some candy, booze poured into shots. Lots of shots.

"So what's this about? I literally had to get a cab to get here since I took my car to get serviced," She asked while dangling her feet in the air.

"A get-together," Max simply said, not bothering to look at his friend as he continued to pour in the shots.

"It's just the two of us here so why are there so many things? Are you trying to kill me?" Layla asked in amusement as she eyed the food and the alcohol. Max closed the cap on the now empty bottle and walked to the trash. He pressed down on it's switch using his leg, and threw it in before turning to face his friend.

"I also invited Riley," he said with a serious face, folding his arms as he stared into Layla's eyes. The latter froze, her eyes widening in shock and panic. Just as Max said those words, they heard the front door open then close.

"Kitchen!" Max shouted, keeping a stern gaze on Layla. Soon enough, Riley walked in.

Riley's outfits but with a black cap

Riley's outfits but with a black cap. Forgive me I'm really bad with describing outfits so, yeah.

As soon as Riley walked in, her eyes met Layla's shocked look and she froze, halting in her steps. Layla was the first to look away. She took in a breath through her nose and exhaled through her mouth before pushing herself up and off the counter. The two friends watched her, each showing different emotions. Max was nervous but kept a serious look on while Riley felt a wave of mixed emotions rushing through her. Layla walked to the large tray filled with shots. She picked one up and quickly downed it. Her eyes shut and her eyebrows furrowed as she felt the burn. She put down the glass and went for another, but Max rushed to her side, pulling it from her and almost spilling it.

"We're not getting drunk yet," he said sternly, giving her a serious look. Layla frowned and folded her arms, turning around and giving them her back.

"Right," Riley said in a low voice. She turned around to leave, but Max ran to the door, blocking it so she wouldn't leave. Riley glared at him.

"Maxwell, get out of my way before I remove you myself," she warned him. Max frowned.

"I thought we all agreed to never use my full name. Layla, help me out here," he begged, clearly offended by the use of his full name.

"Not my problem," Layla scoffed as she picked up a shot and downed it. Max looked to her, his frown deepening.

"Okay stop, both of you! We're not drinking right now and we're definitely not leaving. Let's all just, calm down."