"I would've played a different song but I wanna piss of my brother so... Happy Birthday, Charlie." Wynter said before she showed her unbelievably rare, million-dollar-worth smile and finally played the intro to Charlie's song.

When I'm old and grown
I won't sleep alone

"Damn, look at her hands. They're fucking veiny and slim. That's attractive as hell."

"How the fuck did she make that lively ass song sound like a The Neighborhood song?"

Taylor couldn't even figure which one of her friends spoke, she was too mesmerized with the way Wynter played and sang so effortlessly and still sounded celestial.

Wynter rarely looked down on the guitar, meaning she had it memorized like the back of her hand. She focused on the lyrics on her phone that was on a stand with the mic.

If not everyone was inlove with Wynter before she sang, they most definitely are now. The way her light brown hair flows oh so perfectly on her shoulders, her ethereal features, those long and luscious lashes, her perfect nose and jawline, and ofcourse, those sharp hazel eyes that could kill you if you aren't careful. She looks as if she was handmade by Aphrodite herself.

"Taylor, are you okay?" Taylor was snapped out of her staring when her boyfriend, Calvin Harris, gently tapped her arm.

"Oh uh, yeah. I was just..." She shrugged not knowing how to put her thoughts into words.

That was when Taylor realized that all her friends had their men with them, including her. She looked back at the stage when the song ended only to see Wynter already looking at their group. Taylor immediately looked away when their eyes met, nervous to meet the woman's glare.

The group of couples conversed while different singers sang all throughout the night. Taylor didn't even notice that Calvin wasn't by her side anymore until one of her friends pointed it out. She decided to go look for him and ask him to bring her home since she was not only tired but also drunk.

On the way to the men's bathroom though, she bumped into a buff man that looked extremely wasted. He held her arm with a mischievous and drunk grin.

"Hi there, beautiful." He slurred, his arm moving down from her arm to her waist. The singer tried pushing him off but his grip was strong. So instead, she tried to look for her boyfriend or anyone to help her, but no one close enough to hear her shouting.

"Let's go back to my place, yeah? You look hot. Fucking jackpot." His arm was now way too close to her ass, and she felt tears pooling in her eyes as she tried to desperately push the guy off of her.

"Let go of me!" She tried kicking his shin but it didn't do much considering she was drunk herself.

"Let go of her." A deep feminine voice spoke with an almost unnoticeable london accent.

The man stopped and faced the brave woman with a smug smirk.

"And what will you do if I don't? Who do you even think you are, huh?" He slurred, wanting to look down on the woman but they were almost the same height so he didn't get the privilege to.

"You don't deserve to know my name." Taylor couldn't recognize the woman's face or voice due to her tears and the alcohol in her system.

The man snorted in response, but it was obvious he was about to pass out.

"You- y'don't know my name either, s'that because you're... y'don't desssserve to know it too?"

"No, you're unimportant that's why I don't want to know your name."

This seemed to piss of the man. Taylor felt the man's grip on her loosen, only for him to try and punch the other woman.

However, the unknown woman was able to stop his hand and twist it behind him in an armlock. Two men–that Taylor assumed were the woman's bodyguards–held the guy back and took him away from her.

She saw how the blurry woman sprayed rubbing alcohol on her hands, muttering something about how the man had 'asshole germs'. She smirked mischievously at the man before spraying him in the face, causing him to scream when it went in his eyes. She gave the spray bottle back to one of her men before finally approaching the drunk singer.

"Are you okay?" The gorgeous woman asked her, holding one of her hands in hers.

Taylor just nodded mindlessly, her tears stopped but it was still on her cheeks. She felt the back of the woman's soft hands wiping her tear-stained cheeks. She got the chance to stare at the woman's face, trying to recognize her.

That's when it hit her. The brave and gorgeous woman was none other than Wynter Veilleux. The same woman her friends–herself included–were talking shit about, earlier. If she wasn't so drunk, she would've pushed the woman away in embarassment and asked why she helped her, but right now all she could do was stare at Wynter.

"Where's your boyfriend? He shouldn't have left your side in a place like this. What a dickhead." Wynter was currently helping Taylor sit on one of the chairs at the back side of the venue, in fear of her falling down.

"Club." The blonde was able to slur out.

"What the hell is he even doing there?" Taylor saw how the CEO shook her head in disappointment before opening her mouth to speak again.

"Where are your friends? Do you have your phone with you?" Although Taylor was mesmerized by the brunette's accent, she forced herself to shake her head.

She heard Wynter click her tongue and nodded mindlessly.

"I can't leave you alone like this. I already sent one of my men to look for your guy. I'll text Wade to see if any of your friends are still here. You doin' okay?" The soft and gentle tone that Wynter was using surprised Taylor. She was used to the sarcastic and sharp tone she heard her use on very few interviews.

"Did anyone tell you that you're fuuuucking gorgeous? Cause you- you really are, but your accent makes you sound quite funny." Taylor subconsciously slurred out. Her wasted brain couldn't even comprehend the words she just said but she chuckled...well, tried to.

"What?" It caught Wynter off guard, for sure. She didn't expect such a random compliment and insult (?) from the drunk woman. When she looked at Taylor for an explanation, she was just met by her sleeping figure, her head slowly lowering itself on Wynter's shoulder.

"Thank you?" The brunette whispered with a small chuckle, admiring the currently sleeping blonde on her shoulder.

________________________

a/n.

holy shit, chapter 1 is done. this feels like absolute trash but who gives af, right?

see y'all on chap 2 ig.

- sincerely, ely. ★