Chapter 11

"kim! Kim" Kinn called as he stormed into Kim's room after getting back from school. Porsche had some work to complete thus had to rush back home because of which they couldn't continue their after school math tutoring for the day.

But it was not the only thing that was bothering kinn, he had come to know about the existence of an app called 'instagram'. Even though he was not an user, he had got jealous after seeing Porsche ask someone for their ID.

Kinn's POV:

I stormed into the room and slammed the door behind me only to find kim leaning against the bed frame with his mouth hung open and a chip in his hand held near his mouth. He looked pretty shocked to see me barge into the room without any prior warning and barely had a second passed before his shocked expressions were replaced by neutral ones but I knew from his eyes for sure that he was judging me heavily, not that it bothered me in any way though.

"What" He asked monotonously.

"How do I open an Instagram account?" I enquired with curiousity with a hint of jealousy dripping from my voice.

"Phi..." He sighed for a second before continuing.

"My name is Wik, not Wikipedia! That you can barge into my room at any time you want, type up your queries and expect me to present you with a solution in a second. Just google it!" Kim said in a sassy tone and had it been any regular day, I would have lifted him by his neck and  given him a somersault for talking to me in that voice but there was something that I needed his help with thus violence was out of the picture for a while.

"Calm down, I can just throw him into the garbage disposal truck tomorrow morning, I need to focus on getting the information out of him for now" I whispered to myself to calm my mind down and to restrain my limbs that were itching to beat him up already.

"You know what? Am bored anyways, just sit down" He waved his hand signalling me to sit down as he himself sat up properly.

"Ok so, what's the name of the guy?" Kim questioned out of the blue.

"Who?" I had a good guess of what he was trying to say but decided to play dumb just in case my guess was wrong.

But instead of answering me directly, he first made a disgusted face with heavily judging eyes before sighing again and looking up as if he was mustering up strength to utter something out.

"The one because of whom everyone calls you...lover boy" He cringed while saying it and gagged, somewhat slightly offending me.

"Goodness that's so cringe" He closed his ears with his hands and shrank dramatically before straightening his body again and continuing with the conversation as if he had not just insulted me in a roundabout way.

"Is that why you avoid me at school? Because you are embarrassed?" I said in a lonesome tone in an attempt to make him feel guilty for gagging like that.

"Phi..." His eyes softened as he kept his hand on my shoulder.

Maybe my younger brother isn't even all that bad...
I thought to myself.

"It's good that you have self-awareness" Kim said nodding approvingly.

A*shole

"Anyways is it the guy you bring home everyday?" He said bringing the conversation back on track.

"Yes" I confirmed.

"But it's just a crush...I am not sure if he has even noticed it or not-" I blabbered on but was interrupted by him before I could finish my sentence.

"It's evident that you are so in love with him from the way you look at him, so evident that it would take some special kind of talent to not notice it." He said but I was still worried if Porsche had noticed it or not, and if it was mutual or not. There were a number of things bothering me.

"But I think it's just a crush, one-sided" My voice dropped and Kim must've noticed it since he immediately went on to encourage me.

"I can bet that he's into you, from the way you look and behave around each other, I can just say it for sure that you aren't the only one who has a crush" He said which sure encouraged me to some point but it wasn't long before jealously took over the slight hope.

"Then why didn't he ask me for my ID?" I protested.

"Do you have one?" He said with his resting bitch-face on.

"No, but that's not the point" I argued back.

"Stop behaving like a toxic spouse and accept the encouragement when I am giving it to you!" He was visibly frustrated...not that I cared.

"Ok calm down" He said to himself and sighed.

"Now teach me how to open one" I reminded him handing him my phone.

He quickly took it and installed an app first, with every step being completed, the excitement within me was increasing by a level more and barely could I contain myself when he finally opened it to set my account up.

We added a good photo of mine along with my name and bio and within five minutes my account was all ready. He taught me how to use it and being a fast-learner, I caught on to it without any problems.

"You do realise that you are not even that old right?" Kim said commenting on how I didn't know about the existence of a social media app but I was too busy in searching for Porsche's account to counter any of his words.

Within a minute the account I was so desperately searching for was infront of me. Even though the follow button was right infront of me, I was fighting with my inner turmoil if I should press it or not.

Seeing me hesitating so much, kim popped up right beside me, took a look at the phone screen and clicked the follow button without a second thought.

At the moment, I practically saw myself burying kim in his grave and in the real world held his collar, determined to kill him. However, he got lucky since Porsche immediately accepted my request and sent one back instantly.

"Oi oi your boy accepted!" He said in a single breath trying to save his life which definitely worked since it diverted my attention towards the phone immediately and I left his room while contemplating what should my next step be.

But interrupting my trail of thoughts, his message popped up nearly giving me a heart stroke.

"Oh finally you are on IG!" His message read.

"You knew that I was not on the app?" I messaged back. Probably he knew it already but I still asked since I couldn't think of anything else to send to keep the conversation going. My heart was beating wildly and all I wanted to do was reach my room as soon as possible, lock the door to avoid disturbance and spend the whole night talking to him.

"Ofcourse...you weren't in anyone's list so I sort of guessed it." He replied.

Tons of messages were exchanged and we both were up till 2am talking to each other until we eventually had to go back to sleep because of school.

I was wide awake and was reluctant to let go of the conversation but the thought of being able to see him during school hours motivated me to keep the phone away and sleep in order to not get late for school.

Next day:

Porsche and I were sitting on the stairs behind the canteen that were rarely ever used by anyone. He had brought his lunch box while I was supposed to buy something from the canteen. However, I found out that I had accidentally left my wallet at home.

"Ah I guess I left my wallet at home" I said and his ears perked up.

"What are you going to do now then?" He asked looking a little worried.

"Don't worry I can just eat after I get back home." I tried to lift a little of his worries but unintentionally fueled it.