Chapter 6 [UNEDITED]

Start from the beginning

"Quick question, captain, but where is everyone else?" Quinn inquired, looking up at the Institute. The tall pillars and statue of the Angel Raziel stood out to her. The three of them walked past the large fountain, which was in the middle of the curricular driveway. It any mundanes, it would look like a large Church, like any other Institute. 

Theo walked ahead of everything else, arms still crossed. He opened the large gate, which locked in the Institute. The fence itself was wrought iron paint black, with ivy cover the majority of it. "I don't appreciate the sass, but our parents decided it would be best to have me take this mission over."

Quinn stopped in her tracks. "Mission? That's what you're calling it. What are we doing? And what is this 'mission' you speak of?" 

Cameron came up beside Quinn, "I actually agree with Quinn for once. What is this all about?"

"Well, don't I feel special," Quinn murmured, sneaking a confused glance at Cecily. Cecily shrugged in return, her bow and arrow strapped to her back.

Theo stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, the loud noise of traffic going past him. Quinn hadn't noticed how far they had gotten, but they were in the middle of London now. City lights sparkling, shielding the stars from being viewed. "There's been a vampire attack. That's it. There's been some rogue vampires running around and trying to build up their clan. They're turning mortals, and we got some information about where they are," Theo said, turning around and walking again.

"And where is this place you speak of?" Quinn asked, fiddling with the hilt of her sword.

"Aren't you just full of questions," Theo sighed, "Our source said they were at the London Eye."

"We get to play on the ferris wheel!" Austin exclaimed, suddenly becoming excited and annoying. 

~

"You think they're here?" Quinn asked Theo, walking up beside him. She disliked him immensely, but she knew she had to deal with him some way. Theo pulled out his steele, coming alive immediately. He began drawing a farsighted rune on his arm, and a speed on his other. He looked at Quinn as he did the second one, as if it was burned in his mind. 

"Do you need help?" He asked her as the other came up beside them. Quinn didn't know what took them so long, other than she was tired of Theo. 

Cecily stood next to Quinn, her dark blue eyes the same shade as the sky. "Are you runed up?" Cecily asked to no one in peculiar, patting her own steele. Quinn looked at the ground. She looked up, looking at the other boys. Austin and Cameron.

"Okay, stop the chit chat and let's get this over with," Theo interrupted everyone, stepping into the street, weaving through traffic. Quinn forgot no one could see them; glamour shielded them from any mundanes noticing them. 

Quinn looked up at the London Eye; it was a ferris wheel, but at night it look different. Blues, reds, yellows and other colors came out of the lights, trying to get tourist attention. The buildings next to the eye were illuminated by the lights, and so was the river on the other side. Quinn remembered her parents bringing her here when she was little. She was scared of the ferris wheel, and she still was. Her father had soothed her until she had agreed to go on. 

The eye was loading people on, as it normally did, but she noticed someone with the same shade of blonde hair she had. She pushed the thought out of her mind. 

Quinn was the last to cross the street, careful not to get ran over. That would confuse the driver involved.

But, once she made it, Cecily and Austin gave her a thumbs up.