TWENTY ONE

"No, no, no!"

"No, no, no!"

Danny and I were outside my mansion in the parking lot area as my eyes nearly wanted to pop right out of my eyes.

But while he was smiling like someone just gave him a new three piece suit, it was toward my astonishment and amusement at what I had been looking at directly in front.

"Victoria Singh, meet my forever love—a standardized 1923 iron. She runs like a top." He proudly informed me.

I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. All this time he had been maneuvering around town on a motorbike?! I had never seen this thing ever in all my years of knowing him. Where did it come from? How did he even get it? How much did he pay for it?

But I guess as his ex girlfriend, I didn't have a dang right to even ask.

"This is your non fancy ride?! Danny, this thing has to be wickedly expensive to even guzzle up with fuel!"

"Well at the time, I did have the clams for it. I figured after all I had done in order to get it, then why not?" He tried to explain so causally.

All he had to do?! What was that exactly? Rob a bank? It only just confirmed my suspicions that he looked like he had all the money in the world, but in reality claimed he didn't.

But I had to kinda admit...it did look quite tempting.

"So tell me more about your precious love then. Just how fast can it really go?" I soon questioned, trying to hide my slight intrigue.

Yet, I guess that didn't even work on him because hearing a subtle snicker behind me where he was standing, he shrugged. "Excellent question darlin'! But that's why we can always find out for...ourselves. Don't you think?"

Making a mystified expression, did he mean that as in together? How would that be possible? There was no way I was getting on that thing.

"Ha! Have you just met me?" I uttered.

"Oh, if only. Probably would've saved many nights of depression. But you might be surprised. I know it's not some fancy vehicle a starlet as you like to keep mentioning, like God doesn't even know that by now—would take a mere favoritism to." He teasingly told me.

Oh goody. Someone must think they were being real clever. Challenge accepted. "Well thank heavens for that. I usually don't care for those rides anyway. It always makes me feel so claustrophobic."

"Then good!"

"Great!"

"Grand! So you shouldn't have any problem taking it out for a spin, right?" He nudged me to move forward.

Was he on something?! As my eyes widened, my feet stood planted in place—dreading the fact that I even asked. What part of that defined that I actually wanted to?!

"Uh wrong! Danny, if I get on that my reputation will truly never be worse. You do understand?" I pointed out.

"Which means you've got nothing more to lose. Come on! It'll be fun! Don't be such a flat tire. It may be hard for your brain to grasp anymore, but for once have a little real joy in your new life." He kept egging on.

"No thanks. I prefer to hate it more. And what about your apparent date tonight?" I crossed my arms.

"It won't stop me from wanting you to have some fun for a minute. We'll only go around the block. I promise. Please." Yet, I still wasn't budging. Well, until he tried one more thing that lured me in like a cat wanting to cling to a toy, fighting to let go. "I know you wanna..." He then whispered in my ear in such a sensually pitched tone, with a smug grin on his face—squeezing his hands against my backside.

"Hey!"

Before I knew it while being quick to react, I tried to start swinging my clenched fist at his eye to really do some damage this time, on purpose. But still, he just kept ducking and blocking me—moving closer to the soon to be moving death trap.

And suddenly, I was already there too. "Collins!"

"Yeah, yeah. The world will all feel your wrath. Sure. Get on the bike." He hit the backseat of the ride, getting onto it alone with his legs on both sides.

Grunting and looking around, I guess I just had to show him how I wasn't a delicate flower. Good thing I decided to wear pants today.

But I didn't mind. I also wanted to have a little wager for him.

"Fine." I finally gave in, becoming completely vexed—noticing what was still being carried around in his back pocket. "But if I do this, you'll have to do something for me too."

"Oh, of course. And what would that be next? Create a swanky billboard on Rodeo Drive telling everyone to bow down to your great name? Or go take you to buy a new designer purse that Clara Bow would even be jealous of?" He began to start his engine.

Ohh, both were sounded pretty good. But still, I had a much better idea already on the cusp of my tongue just itching to be released.

"You have to give me your entire pack of cigarettes for the day." I then grinned.

Quickly stopping and turning back to me, his eyes bulged out. "What?!"

"You heard me. After all, you did say—wait, how did it go again? Oh yes! Of course." I mentioned, in a mocking tone. He stared toward me bitterly.

And with that, refusing to ever admit my own defeat, I got on wrapping both my arms around Danny's sturdy and strong torso, feeling a slight tingle run through my veins.

His body became a bit tense at first, but soon remained eased. "You know, sometimes I truly despise you, Miss Singh..." He annoyingly mumbled.

"Aw thank you, I try. But good thing we have a block to go around for you to discuss how you feel about me all the other times too then, huh?" I professed proudly.

Rolling his eyes once again, he then let out another small chuckle.

And away we went.

🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥

Here's a question for you! Would you like to get on a 1923 motorbike?

See ya next time! :)