Tomoya

Name: Tomoya Kimura
AKA: Tomo~Chan (by Nozomi)
Kanji: 木邨 和哉
Romaji: Kimura Tomoya
First Appearance: Persona 6 If
Affiliation: Main Cast (Name not chosen)
School: Nonde (Drop Out)
Date of Birth: 10/29/2001
Age: 22
Zodiac: Scorpio
Blood Type: B
Height: 193cm (6'4")
Weapon: None (Navi)
Arcana: Moon
Persona: Mad Hatter
                   Freyr
                   Theophilus
Japanese VA: Kenjiro Tsuda
English VA: Chris Tergliafera

Tomoya is a main character from Persona 6 If. He is a college dropout and the oldest of the main cast. He does art commissions online to earn money.

Design

Tomoya is a tall man, standing at 6'4", with dark blue hair, red-brown eyes with dark circles under them. He is also mentioned to have a scary scowl. Sometimes he's seen with his stylus behind his ear.

During the colder months, Tomoya wears an oversized blue t-shirt hoodie over an oversized black plaid shirt, baggy jeans, and black sneakers.
During the warmer months, his outfit stays the same, but removes the plaid shirt.

In the Other World, Tomoya's outfits change into an outfit inspired by the Mad Hatter. A dark gray blazer with bright blue floral print lining that opens to reveal a light blue-gray waistcoat with bright blue buttons. His dress pants are altered to have slits starting from his knees to the bottom ground, revealing the same bright blue floral pattern that his blazer has, and on his feet is a normal pair of black lace-up ankle boots. Lastly, on his head is a comically big dark gray tophat with a bright blue ribbon, and five playing cards that show a full house sticking out of the ribbon.

Personality

When the cast first meets Tomoya, he comes off as really aloof and doesn't talk to them. But when he joins the main cast, while he still doesn't talk much, he opens up to them a little. As the eldest of the group, Tomoya does care for the others, but doesn't show it to show them tough love. Even with this, he would give them advice whenever they need them. But most of the time, due to him being the oldest, Tomoya is usually the one sitting there, saying things are fine, while the others in the main cast cause chaos.

Profile

*No Spoilers*

Etymology

His first name, 'Tomoya', is made of two kanji characters, '和哉'. '和' means, 'harmonize, calm, peaceful, no conflict, blend, and respond', and '哉' means, 'first time, an exclamation, a beginning, a question, and contradiction'.

His last name, 'Kimura', is made of two kanji characters, '木邨'. '木' means, 'tree and wood', and '邨' means, 'village and countryside'.

Trivia

-Tomoya is the oldest of the main cast.

- Tomoya is the only character to not be enrolled in a school.

- Tomoya is the only one male party member that Miharu cannot romance.

- The main cast joke about Tomoya being the dad of the group.

- Tomoya is diagnosed with BPD.

- Even though he comes off as aloof, Tomoya does have a soft spot for Miharu, Shiro, and Kokoro.

- Tomoya's Japanese voice actor, Kenjiro Tsuda, also voices Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Kishibe from Chainsaw Man, Kento Nanami from Jujutsu Kaisen, and many more.

- Tomoya's English voice actor, Chris Tergliafera, also voices Gundham Tanaka and Ryoma Hoshi from Danganronpa, Mohammad Avdol from JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Kiyotaka Ijichi from Jujutsu Kaisen, and many more.

And here is our Navigator for this story, Tomoya! His one is another one I'm keeping vague so when the time comes when I share the plot I have for this story comes along, you guys with be surprised. Just know that there's something different about him compared to the other characters. Also, Tomoya is the 'This Is Fine' meme in a nutshell and I love it lol. Anyway, have a great day~!