Kokoro

Name: Kokoro Naegi
AKA: Koko (by Tomoya)
           Koko~Chan (by Nozomi)
Kanji: 苗木 心咲
Romaji: Naegi Kokoro
First Appearance: Persona 6 If
Affiliation: Main Cast (Name not chosen)
School: Koden High
Date of Birth: 01/24/2007
Age: 16-17
Zodiac: Aquarius
Blood Type: B
Height: 160cm (5'3")
Weapon: Kusarigama
Arcana: Lovers
Persona: Rapunzel
                    Artemis
                    Barbara
Japanese VA: Suzuko Mimori
English VA: Faye Mata

Kokoro is a main character from Persona 6 If. She is a second year student at Koden High School and VTuber. She is Miharu's best friend.

Design:

Kokoro has a slightly chubby figure compared to the other girls in the series, long thin hair dyed bright pink and parted into two low twin tails that are also tied to look like bows, and bright brown eyes. When Kokoro was younger, she had brown hair prior to dying it.

During school in the colder months, Kokoro wears an oversized yellow knitted sweater over her uniform, light blue, loose, knitted socks, and a pair of black mary janes with pink flower charms on the straps. In the warmer months, Kokoro wears the blouse and skirt version of the uniform, instead of the blouse and pinafore version, and has a yellow cardigan tied around her waist. She also wears knee-high white socks with blue trim and black flats.

Outside of school in the colder months, Kokoro wears a white cold-shoulder knitted sweater with a plaid pink ruffle mini skirt, black stockings, and white vans. In the warmer months, Kokoro wears a light blue dress with white trim under a light yellow cardigan with floral patterns. She also wears white wedges with flowers on them.
When she's gardening. Kokoro wears a white shirt under denim overalls with flower embroidery on it (the type of overalls depends on the season. In winter, she would wear long overalls, and in summer, she would wear short overalls). Kokoro also wears black rain boots and gardening gloves.

In the Other World, Kokoro's outfits change into a pale purple empire waist gown with golden embellishments that have puffy sleeves and a high-low skirt. To accompany the dress, she also wears barefoot sandals and her hairstyle changes into being fully down and longer than before with flowers in it.

Personality:

Kokoro is an extremely extroverted person who is the first student Miharu meets as she was assigned by their homeroom teacher to help Miharu settle into the new school. Kokoro is extremely hyper, this being due to her having ADHD, and would sometimes scare Miharu with her high energy. When she realized Miharu would be scared by her energy, Kokoro would make a conscious effort to lower her excitability to make her less scared. Other times, Kokoro comes off as snappy and sassy and sometimes flirty when she has the chance. Even with that, Kokoro is a warm and caring person who cares about her friends deeply. She is usually seen on the school rooftop, taking care of the plants. Kokoro has a strong interest in gardening and finds joy when she's gardening with others.

Profile:

*No Spoilers*

Etymology:

Her first name, 'Kokoro', is made of two kanji characters, '心咲'. '心' means, 'heart, mind, spirit, feelings, and center', and '咲' means, 'bloom, blossom, flourish, to laugh, smile, to open, and unfold'.

Her last name, 'Naegi', is made of two kanji characters, '苗木'. '苗' means, 'sapling, seedling, and shoot', and '木' means, 'tree and wood'.

Trivia:

- Kokoro loves bright colors, matching her bright personality.

- She asked her mother, who is a hair stylist, to dye her hair and top up the color when she needs it. Her mother still continues to dye her hair as it's too long for Kokoro alone to manage on her own.

- Kokoro's colors for most of her designs are of the pansexual flag.
.This was a coincidence, but it ended up being canon that she is pansexual and one of Miharu's romance options.

- Kokoro is the youngest of the main cast.

- Kokoro is meant to be a modern representation of Rapunzel, with some changes.
.Kokoro wasn't kidnapped as a child
.Kokoro's mother is a kind and warm parent who is kind to all of Kokoro's friends and treats them as her own child.
.While her hair isn't as long as Rapunzel, Kokoro's hair is still abnormally long. However, her hair does get longer while being in the Other World.
.Other similarities are spoilers.

- Kokoro's full name describes her character.
. Kokoro is of the Lovers Arcana, and half of her first name means 'heart' (she is also the heart of the team). The second half of her name means, 'bloom, blossom, and flourish' along with her last name relates to her love of nature and gardening.

- Kokoro's Japanese voice actress, Suzuko Mimori, also voices Hiyoko Saionji from Danganronpa 2, Maria and Marina Arusu from Date a Live: Ars Install, Kokomi from Genshin Impact, Umi Sonoda from Love Live!, and many more.

- Kokoro's English voice actress, Faye Mata, also voices Yumemi Yumemite from Kakegurui, Yukako Yamagishi from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kagami Tsurugi from Miraculous Ladybug, Petra Macneary from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and many more.