— Thank you, Ale, for your concern and care. — My cheeks felt hot as I sank into the car seat. I know Alexia is loving and attentive to everyone, but I can't help but combust whenever she's like that with me.- but most of them I already knew and I'm close to, so spending time with them outside the club isn't a problem at all.

— Good thing, we'd hate it if we made you uncomfortable. — She looks my way intently.

Our conversation flowed the whole way, Alexia and I shared the same concern and the same ambition.

We both want to see Barcelona's women's teams at a world-class level.

Not that the main team isn't already there, but in the youth categories there's still a long way to go.

And of course the technical level of the main team is already wonderful, but unfortunately in terms of infrastructure it is not at the same level as the men's.

Not to mention the salary inequality between the women's and men's teams, quality players who made history in the women's team, receiving the same amount or even less than some boys who just debuted in the men's team.

I'm happy and encouraged to see that Alexia wants to change this situation as much as I do.

Alexa is very proud to be part of the club and she makes this clear while talking about the qualities of her teammates.

— I believe that the majority of the team's players follow the same thought as me, we don't play for Barcelona because it is a strong team capable of winning titles, we play for Barcelona because it has always been our passion and dream to play here.

— That's why the team is doing so well. We fans can recognize this, we know who represents the fans on the field. One culé can recognize the other, right?

She puts a strand of her own hair behind her ear while driving with one hand, she is focused on the traffic but listens to me carefully.

— That's why I say, the fans recognize and fully appreciate the love that players like you, Aitana, Mapi, Pina and many others have for the club.

— I'm grateful just the same, Isa. If everything I have today, Champions, World Cup and World Cup, is thanks to the club and the fans.

— I feel terrible for not being able to witness these achievements of you and the club in person. I confess that I was so sad when I couldn't accompany the Barcelona committee at the Ballon d'Or ceremony last year. I thought my dream of meeting you would come true that night. — Alexia involved me so much in the conversation, that without realizing it I told her about one of my biggest frustrations as a person who works in women's football.

— Did you dream of meeting me? What an honor, I'm happy to hear that, Miss Laporta. — She, at the same time, seems to be relaxed and calm, seems to have something on her mind. Her giggle seems sincere, but with intentions.

It's always "seems", Alexia never makes her real intention clear. I only interacted with her for a short time, but it was enough time to get frustrated with the mysterious and confused air that the player gives off.

— What can I say, Miss Putellas, I appreciate a good footballer. — My lip rises a little when I wink at her, making her smile wider.

— But don't worry, in our next achievements you will be there.

— You better bring me lots of trophies now, Miss Putellas. — Smiling at the fake look of threat on my face, Alexia parks the car.

 — Smiling at the fake look of threat on my face, Alexia parks the car

End Game | A.POn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara