The Ex-Don

Giselle&Zayne

At the age of 25, I became the Don of the Italian mafia. It wasn't a lifestyle I had envisioned for myself but it was the lifestyle that was given to me. The funny thing is I'm not even Italian, I'm an American man who was adopted by an Italian man.

It was at 10 that I ran away from my abusive home. I couldn't live in those conditions anymore, being beaten every day, being starved and even being used as a human toilet. I just simply couldn't take it anymore. So I ran.

I ran as far as my feet could take me before I got exhausted and passed out on the cold New York streets. I honestly thought I was going to die on the street but when I woke up in a hospital bed I was not only confused but relieved.

A man was sitting in the corner of the room looking as if he was waiting for me to wake up. He asked if I had a family to which I shook my head. I was an afraid little boy so I didn't speak to the mysterious man.

He told me that the nurses cleaned me up because I smelt and looked bad which I already knew. But anyway fast forward a week he is taking me on a plane to Italy and I had no objections. I was getting away from a miserable life.

But what I didn't know was that I was about to enter another one. The only thing about this miserable life was that I just didn't feel like I belonged. I was lonely and sad and didn't have anybody to confide in and make memories with.

The man who took me in his name was Alexi Amato, and he was the current don of the Italian Mafia he had no wife, no kid so he had no heir to his business. So when he found me I became the heir.

He trained me brutally every day to become stronger, more intelligent, a man as he put it. I even learned Italian and multiple other languages just so I could conversate with " business partners" and make deals with them.

So from ages 10 to 24 I trained and trained every day to become the next Don and at the age of 25 that finally happened because Alexi decided to step down.

Those who were already a part of the mafia felt that I shouldn't have been able to take over. I wasn't Italian, and I didn't share the blood of Alexi. It was just some random boy's life that he saved from the dirty New York streets.

So at the age of 30 with only being the Don for 5 years I was plotted against by my own Mafia.

they wanted me gone, they wanted me dead so they schemed for those 5 years that I was the don.

They took me to one of our abandoned warehouses and tortured me for days until the last day they shot me twice in my chest and once they walked out and set the warehouse on fire.

To this day I have no idea who saved me by dragging me out of that building and rushing me to a hospital but I am forever grateful for them. Because here I am now at 45 running multiple hotel and restaurant chains.

Before I was "killed" I was saving my own money in secret bank accounts for the day I decided to get away from the mafia lifestyle.

They say the only way to get out is to be killed and I'm so happy that I was.

So here I am Zayn Williamson, the business owner.

Giselle

I'm Giselle Morgan and I've been the General manager at the "La Rinascita" restaurant for about a year and a half now. I love my job and what I do. I started as the assistant manager and worked my way up to the general manager position.

I was the assistant manager from the ages of 29 to 31. At 32 I became the general manager. I'm almost 34 with the job I always wanted and at a restaurant that makes delicious food and holds a very serene atmosphere.