Car Accident

Zuri&Malcolm

My number one enemy is when Daylight Saving Time ends. It's dark by 5:30 and I'm exhausted by 6:00. But I still have to work until 6:30, so yeah Daylight Savings Time ending is my number one enemy.

At the age of 23, I Zuri Williams have a bakery that I worked hard to get. After I turned 21 I decided to go to a pastry arts school. It was a nice long 10 months but I learned a lot got my degree and decided at 23 years old to open my own bakery.

That said I am now almost 24 years old and my bakery has been open for a year. it's doing well for itself. Now I am leaving work at 7:00 p.m. with two dozen cupcakes in hand rushing to my sister's 21st birthday party.

Cupcakes that she requested 2 ½ hours before her party I had to rush and make them. So I'm a little behind schedule but that's okay I will make it so I thought.

As I'm rushing across the street some car decides to zoom down the street running the red light and hitting me.

"Oh shit, shit shit shit," The man said over and over again as he rushed towards Zuri's laid-out body. "I swear I didn't even see her I just looked down for 5 seconds and didn't even notice the light was red."

"Hello, Miss can you hear me? I'm so sorry Miss I'm so sorry but help is on the way." He stated panicked and frazzled.

All Zuri does is mumble incoherently. Her body was in so much pain from the impact of his car.

After 5 minutes the ambulance finally arrives and they pick up Zuri's body and lay it on their stretcher. They load her up into the ambulance and are about to set off to the hospital.

The man asked " may I please know which hospital you are taking her to? "

The paramedic lady looks at him contemplating if she should tell him or not. She can see that he is genuinely worried about the woman so she decides to tell him.

"We are taking her to Lenox Hill Hospital it's the closest location."

" Okay thank you so much."

Once the man reaches the hospital he rushes in and goes up to the receptionist's desk to ask about the woman.

"Hi, um there was a woman that was brought here from being hit by a car. She has a dark complexion and she's around 5'5. Do you know if she's doing okay or not? "

"Sir, are you family of this patient?"

" No"

" Are you a friend of this patient?"

"No"

" Sorry, sir I cannot give you any information about this patient that you have no relation to."

" No please miss I need to know if she's okay."

" And why is it that you don't even know the woman."

" So see what happened was I'm the man who hit her with my car. But I swear to you it was an accident I promise I didn't do it on purpose. I just wasn't paying attention for 5 seconds and now she's here lying in a hospital bed because of my recklessness. I don't know if she's doing fine or not and it's stressing me out. I'm worried about her because I'm the one who put her here. So please please can you help me?"

"Okay fine just give me your name and ID please."

"Malcolm Knight and here is my ID."

"Okay, Mr.Knight she's on the 7th-floor room 702. Good luck."