05

8:00 am start. Emmy sighed, She could be having fun with the girls but instead here she was at the beach waiting for Elo and Baxter to show.

When they finally made their way down, Emmy stood up.

"Alright so the rules are simple, the day before they'll draw who goes first the girls or the boys. Highest combine score wins." Elo states looking up from her paper. " but they're also looking for a partners styles to match, Which shouldn't be too hard for the two of you"

"Let's get you guys out on the water and see what you've got"

~~

"Bax!" The girl yelled as he continued to shove her as they walk to the parking lot, he just laughed.

Elo had thought they'd make a great team and she wasn't wrong they worked well out there together.

Elo waited for Bax in their car. "Bax, you ready?" She asked looking out the window.

"Go on without me" he stated, looking back to the brunette who was looking around the parking lot and Elo did leaving the two standing there.

"You don't have to wait with me" came Emmy's voice.

"He's not coming is he. You were planning on walking home" Bax states, grabbing her board from her.

The girl didn't say anything but nodded her head.

" well, let's get to walking"

"You know. If shits, getting bad again, you can talk to me." The girl nodded and hung her head.

"It's just... it's not... fair. I'm trying my hardest" she spoke softly. "And he just doesn't care. And the night of Summer's party I walked down to him on the phone with someone... and I... I think my dads back in town. But he doesn't want me to see him"

Bax stops walking. "Well. What do you want" he asked look at the girl.

"I. I don't know" she sighed. "I want my old brother back. The one who was always there for me... and I don't want to see my dad"

" you just want his approval" Bax stated shaking his head. "He hit you"

"He got angry and I know that's no excuse, but I swear that was the only time Bax.. he prefers to use his words... which I can take"

"But you shouldn't have to" he starts walking again, the girl follows after him, grabbing his hand and wrapping her fingers around his, making him relax.

"Let's run away together" he smiles thinking about it.

Emory looks up to him. "And where would we go?"

"Id be good with anywhere as long as it's with you"

" oh my god! you're so cheesy" she laughed, he smiled.

"Hey! I got you to smile"

They walked for a couple minutes in silence before he spoke up again. " I was thinking... we could hangout after I drop you home and you change... only if you're up for it"

"Yeah, I'd like that"

As the two made their way down Emory's street she paused. "Could we just wait here for a little"

Bax nodded. "I got all the Time in the world, Star girl"

~~

By the time Emmy had showered and got dressed it was already getting late as she texted Bax to come over.

As the girl walked down to the living room Travis took notice. "Is Poppy coming over?"