04

As Emory shut the door to the truck and goes to grab her boards out the back, she looks to Travis in the driver seat, but he's too busy looking down at his phone, suddenly Bax appears and starts grabbing her boards for her.

"Thanks" Emmy whispers.

" you know if you needed a ride we would've given you one" Bax states looking down at her, she nods.

She walks to the drivers side window. "Bye Trav" she speak softly. Making her brother look up, that's when he notices Baxter's presence.

"Yeah, good luck" he then looks to Bax "you as well" and with that he was backing out of the parking spot.

"I can take them Bax" looking back at the boy, who was carrying both of her surfboards.

"Not a chance Star girl" he smiled walking past her. " try to keep up? Yeah" he smirked.

~~

"You can feel the tension in the air as the blue gravity talent search kicks off." Rang the announcer's voice, as the group of teens all huddled around their tent.

"Gang, why do I get the feeling that you're all getting distracted? Listen, this is our last chance before nationals to see some of your interstate rivals in action, yeah?" Elo piped up.

" spoiler, alert, they're better than you guys" Bax pipes in coming to stand behind Emmy squeezing her elbow.

"And not to mention all the big sponsors are here watching"

" so every comp, every heat, is an opportunity. Don't waste it." With that the siren Blared. "Alright, let's go, let's do this!"

"Heat 1 of the under-18 boys and we are frothing. Levins, in yellow, the charger from Cronulla finds his line. Oh! How is this kid still getting better?!" Emmy watched intensely as Bax was put into a hard heat.

"And Bax Radic wants a piece of the action. Big Layback snap! Susa and Temple just being out gun right now. Levins and Radic through to the quarters."

suddenly, the girl is approached. "Man, It's too bad me and Levins are going to drowned him out there... to think we were all friends once"

"Beau" she had known he'd made the team just wasn't ready to face him yet. "Sorry Beau. That's if you manage to get through" she gritted out.

"I just don't get it. He ruins our relationship yet, you're still not with him" he states as he watches Bax make it back to the beach and look around for something. Someone.

When his eyes land on Emory he frowns, then starts off towards the two.

The girl never replied, she knew better.

"I'll see you around Em" Beau say's before running back to his team.

"coward" the girl shakes her head.

"what the hell did he want?" Bax asked as he reached her.

"To get in our heads" she replied, looking him in the eyes.

Bax shook his head before walking back to the tent.

~~

Sitting with Summer staring out at the water as other competitors compete was just the downtime Emmy needed before hers and hopefully Summers heat.

When suddenly, a big shadow appeared over the brown haired girl, she looked up and was met with Bax's smirking face, He had dropped his suit down so his whole chest was out.