Chapter 17 Suddenly in a Fantasy!?

Start from the beginning

Poppy noticed Emu's personality changed. "He isn't playing a game, but he's in his M's personality!" She exclaimed in shock once Emu sat down right in front of Poppy's game console.

"What is going on?" Hiiro asked and didn't expect Emu's behavior to change after they saved him. "Is this the side effect of the healing song?"

"Recharge 100% and activation on." They turned around to hear Luna's voice. "Alpha-beta-charlie code 2-6-7-9." She opened her eyes slowly to show codes before they disappeared. "Why does it seem like you've seen a ghost?" The female android asked them bluntly.

"Wow!" Luna squeaks as Emu grabs her and examines closer. "You can recharge through the computer!? Does that mean you can access all games too!?" His eyes twinkle in excitement at the thought of playing new games.

"Take your filthy hands off me, human!" Luna snapped and punched his arm to release her. "I have no obligation to answer your question! Unhand me!"

"Luna-chan you have to tell me which game is going publish this month?" Emu asked in a demanding tone while refusing to release Luna.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

————————————————————

Luna managed to escape from Emu's grasp and hide inside of Hiiro's coat pocket. The female android refused to get out in fear the genius gamer would manhandle her again. Right now, Emu is busy playing the game console and leaves Haima anxious to see his attitude change.

"Hiiro... I'm scared." Haima whimpered and had never seen Emu addicted to games before. He felt sorry for Poppy while she was getting tired of being stuck inside the game.

"Could he have been possessed by the Bugster due to the propagation of the Game Syndrome?" Hiiro muttered while analyzing Emu's behavior.

"Why don't you ask Ophelia-sama about it?" Luna suggested and poked her head out of his pocket. "I mean— she's the only person who knows Emu longer than us."

Their game scope blares to receive a Bugster alert. "An emergency call at this time!?" Haima exclaimed in panic.

Emu smiled widely and stopped playing. "There it is, there it is!" He exclaimed happily. "Let's go play the game!"

"Game? It's..." Haima was cut off.

"It's a game to defeat the Bugster, right?" The genius gamer asked curiously. "I won't lose to anyone at that!" He patted Haima's shoulder. "I'm off. Alright!" Emu heads off.

"Wait!" Hiiro yelled and chased after him. "Luna call Zilar and Kanade immediately! We need them and Ophelia is on rest."

"Okay! Calling Zilar and Kanade." Luna obeyed his wishes. Hiiro made the right call to let Ophelia rest more.

————————————————————

Zilar is unable to join them because he has work to do leaving Kanade to join Hiiro and Emu. The red-haired woman could tell he was trying to investigate Emu's condition and why he was the first person with Game Syndrome before Zero Day existed.

"Ah, Kana-chan! I'm happy to see you joining us!" Emu exclaimed happily to see the red-haired woman again.

Kanade steps back and is startled at his happy-go-lucky attitude instead of being a shy and polite man. "Wait, Kana-chan? Who are you and what happened to Emu?" She asked and narrowed her gaze at him. 'He wouldn't give me a nickname unless he asked.' The red-haired woman thought.

"It's Emu in his M's personality change." Luna pops out from Hiiro's pocket while answering her question. "We don't know what's the cause of it."

Kanade nodded her head nervously and looked at the woman who was dancing like a robot. "What in the world is she doing?" She couldn't help but ask out loud.