Chapter 34: Hatoyama Farm

Start from the beginning

"Kaiya-neechan?!" the kids exclaimed.

"How dare you!" the man roared, ready to swing a punch.

I went in front of the kids, ready to block the punch, but luckily Amuro countered the man's attacks with swift dodges and punches. "Let's leave it at that." Amuro threatened the man.

"Amuro-san!" the kids cheered.

"Is everyone alright?" he asked. They nodded.

"Mitsuhiko, how about we delete that private video?" I told him. "People might not like it when you take videos without their permission." I explained.

"Okay!" he nodded.

I turned to the man. "There, that should be fine right?"

"Y-yeah." the man stuttered.

********

"Kaiya-chan, I didn't know you were on this bus as well!" Kobayashi exclaimed.

"Umm yeah..." I replied sheepishly. "I heard the kids had a field trip to Hatoyama farm and I wanted to see it too. I asked Amuro-san if he wanted to tag along as well!"

"What-" Amuro began, but quickly got the hint and played along. "That's right, I haven't been to Hatoyama farm before." he replied with a fake smile.

"Ah you must be the Amuro-san I've heard so much about!" Kobayashi greeted. "I'm Kobayashi-sensei, their homeroom teacher." she turned to Rumi who was sitting next to her. "I've heard rumors that he's also a detective that works at a coffee shop."

"I'm the other homeroom teacher assistant, Wakasa! Pleased to meet you." Rumi introduced herself.

"Ah...hi..." Amuro and I greeted her.

********

(at Hatoyama farm)

"Looks like no one is home." Ayumi said after we rang the doorbell.

"The gate was open too..." Mitsuhiko noticed.

"And there's no cows or other animals too..." Genta added.

"That's because they are planning to demolish the farm and incorporate it into a golf course!" Kobayashi explained. "So they are giving the chickens to our school."

We went to see the place where the chickens were, only to find it empty.

"Could it be that they sold the animals already and set aside the chickens for the school?" Amuro wondered.

"Wait, look there's a hole in this fence!" I pointed.

"The chickens could have run away from here." Mitsuhiko guessed.

Seeing some restrooms nearby, we decided to take a break before searching for the owner.

********

Ayumi turned around when she saw a lone chicken and decided to follow it quietly.

"Ayumi don't run off on your own!" I ran after her as she followed the chicken into the forest.

********

Amuro POV

"What, Kaiya-neechan and Ayumi-chan are missing?" Conan asked the others.

"Let's split up and search for them." I suggested.

********

Kaiya POV

"Ayumi, where are you? Ayumi!" I called.

I stopped when I noticed some burn marks in the nearby trees and weird marks on the ground. My eyes widened when I saw explosives wrapped around the tree trunks. This is bad, I've got to find Ayumi!