Chapter 22 - Ryuuen

Start from the beginning

What a hopeless case he was.

Professor was speechless or rather he was so tired that he couldn't even make a comment.

His body was soaked in sweat, and he was trying to catch a breath.

Kiyotaka: "But there's no need to despair, my friend. Now that I know your limits, I will create a perfect training schedule for you."

His eyes seemed even more lifeless as if he almost gave up on his life.

Kiyotaka: "Like I said yesterday, we are going to train in this gym every day before lessons. I will make sure to pick you up like today, but I hope the next time you would be awake before I start to ring your bell."

Professor slowly raised his hand.

I thought that he wanted my attention, so I became silent, but then he started to wave slightly to no one in particular.

Professor: "Grandma... My late grandma... She is waving at me with a smile..."

I hit his head lightly.

Kiyotaka: "Stop overreacting. I am actually going easy on you. Let's get back to the dorm. I will make you some breakfast, since you probably don't have anything good to eat at your place."

Professor: "I can't, great leader... I won't make it... I'm taking a sick leave... for one week..."

Kiyotaka: "After exercising for thirty minutes?"

Professor: "Right... for two weeks..."

Kiyotaka: "..."

The road before us was going to be very challenging...

...

And that's how I ended up slowly walking to the school with Professor, who looked as if his soul would leave his body any second.

Despite my efforts to make him a tasty breakfast and even some lunch, he was still barely able to move around.

Fortunately, there weren't many students going to the school at such an early hour, so we didn't get much of attention.

When we finally managed to reach our classroom, only a few boys were already there.

Professor, feeling that our trip was over, threw himself at his desk with a huge sigh of relief.

Kiyotaka: "At the very least, please try to not fall asleep, okay?"

Professor: "Wu, wu... demon... no, devil..."

His antics slightly alarmed the boy, who was sitting just before him.

It was a magenta-haired boy, who up to this point wasn't particularly active or sociable among my classmates.

At least that's what I noticed during my observations of Class D.

The boy: "What happened to him?"

He asked me with some curiosity, looking at Professor.

Kiyotaka: "He started going to the gym. Today was his first day."

The boy looked surprised by my answer.

He looked again at Professor.

The boy: "Just how much did he exercise to end up like this?"

Kiyotaka: "Oh, he did some small, beginner training for half an hour."

The boy: "What?"

The boy looked astonished.

Professor: "Hell... It was hell..."