Chapter 19 - The Raven and The Ferret

WELCOME to one of my personal favourite chapters! I LOVED writing this and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do, haha

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Monday's Charms class, we had to work in pairs and got sorted by Professor Flitwick. I got – much to my chagrin, paired up with Mister Self-Absorption himself: Draco Malfoy. For the past six school years, I never understood the fuzz about him in our house, or especially in our girl's dorm every night. It seemed as if he was the chosen main prize for every Slytherin's girl's wet dreams – and as he proved to not being completely daft, he was well-aware of this. Which resulted in his already blooming self-esteem skyrocketing through the roof of our castle.

Wherever he went, a flock of girls was following him. Giggling and blushing - even dramatically fake-fainting when he briefly dismounted his high horse to give them one of his infamous 'seductive' glances. Safe to say, his weekends were usually filled with lots of... deep talks – and he by now probably with lots of nasty diseases.

    He sat himself next to me and gave me his most inviting smile: "Hello there, beautiful."

        He brushed my shoulder.

Even Valeryia, who usually was more into hunting boys from other houses, gave me a jealous look and sighed enviously, as she saw him touching my shoulder. I knew, as she had told me in vivid detail, she had already had the 'pleasure' during fifth grade's Halloween festivities. He was a hunter, that went by the credo: Quantity over quality. And by this time, I figured, I was probably one of the last hunting trophies he was missing in this castle – including other houses. It wasn't really hard to match his expectations, though; if you breathed, had a pulse and two legs with a vagina in between, and you weren't a Mudblood (the boy had his principles), he would smash you sooner or later. Although, I had heard from numerous occasions, where the 'not being a Mudblood'-part was more of a loose guideline rather than an actual principle.

I shrugged off his hand from my shoulder and felt the urge to go wash it. He wasn't used to rejection, so his arrogant smile quickly vanished and made room for his pissed 'my father will hear about this'-grimace. That's what I probably despised most about him. His utter fullness of himself by simultaneously having the lowest level of self-worth you could possibly think of. It took one simple "No" or even just a negative gesture or look towards his approaches, and he crumbled before your eyes. Pathetic little boy.

"Do us both the favour and keep your hands on your wand, will you, Malfoy?", I coldly said.

He glared at me and took his book and wand.

As we had to work on the Ascension Charm today, Professor Flitwick had charmed our classroom's ceiling to magically expand higher up and spare us from hitting our heads as our partners tried yeeting us high into the air.

As I had made very clear, he could shove his slimy attempts to approach me up his bony buttocks, Malfoy had brought his teenage hormones under control, and we actually had a very decent and successful training lesson. He really wasn't that bad at all, if you knew how to handle him, and had set clear boundaries right at the start. If you managed to keep him at bay for long enough, there even showed a side of him, where he could be quite a funny dude. We had a few laughs together, and one giant one, as that unlucky Gryffindor kid, going by the name of Neville Longbottom, managed to propel himself sidewise rather than upwards and as for the side walls hadn't been charmed to expand, he had crashed right into it.

"Thanks for the good teamwork", I thanked Malfoy as class had ended and he had re-joined into his usual group of friends and scrubs. I made the mistake, of giving him a matey patting on his back. I could see the change in his eyes going from 'pleasant contemporary' right back to 'horny, stupid hunter' instantly.