Chapter 18 - The Dark Lord's Flaws

On Saturday night, I had snuck into Snape's room when all the others had finally fallen asleep. Part of me slowly got annoyed with us constantly being forced to act in the shadows, part of me was absolutely aware that this was the only way, we could ever make this remotely work, and part of me got turned on by our game of hide-and-seek.

He had greeted me at the door and let me in. As I was walking towards his bed, I undressed myself and by the time I had reached the bed, I was fully naked. I turned and looked at him with a cheeky smile while I lied onto his bed. I patted the linen invitingly. He returned the smile and undressed himself as well, following my trail of clothes and joined me on the bed.
We were lying naked on his bed. He supported his back on the bed's headpiece and I was curled into his arm, gently stroking his three-headed Dobermann tattoo.
"How come", I asked him, "you're not married?"
"Who said, I wasn't? You never asked", he replied indifferently.
I jolted up, eyes wide open. He was right, I did never ask before just now. I just assumed. And it is nothing we talk about in school either – as if the whole adult staff in school was some sort of asexual robots. I mean, he basically lives in this school all year round and his bedroom had only his belongings in it. But then again: all teachers lived here during school year as far as I knew, and it was just completely and utter bonkers to assume none of them were married.
He rose an eyebrow and looked at me blankly. Time stood still. Dreading silence.
Then he chuckled softly and pulled me back into his arm, putting my hand back on his chest.
"Pardon me, I couldn't resist. No, I am not married. Never have been. Never will be."
I nudged him in his side playfully, yet hard enough for him to cough while still chuckling.
"Mean old man", I called him.
"As if that was news to you", he replied.
"Now tell me, why?" I urged.
He shrugged: "Never been interested in it."
"Never, ever?", I continued. "Like not once in your life there was someone special to you, that made you at least think about it?"
He remained silent.
I curled deeper into his embrace and looked up at him. "You can tell, it's okay. Would have been rather naive of me, if I had been thinking you lived your life – or at least your nights, alone and lonely, waiting for some strange 17-year old to finally show up and blow your mind, and other body parts."
We both laughed.
"You had a live before, you will have one after me.", I concluded.
He rested his chin on my head.
"You know", he started, "it takes a special kind of lunatic to fall for someone like me, and they are spread parsimoniously around the globe. And even if you happen to be a lunatic, you would need to prove having an even bigger twisted mind, to get me to be interested in you", he neighed and put a soft kiss on my crazy head.
"Be serious. I want to know." I insisted.
He breathed and went on: "There was one at some point. Ages ago. We met when we were kids. She was muggle born, and I showed her some silly magic tricks. We grew older and both got letters from Hogwarts. We were very close friends, but the Hat sorted us in different houses, I guess that's when it started to fall apart.
"She was... naive and easily manipulated. Let herself be blinded by looks and extroversion. She fell for the most outrageous, annoying bully there was and took off with him. They married and had a child. I think when The Dark Lord arose, they fled the country like many cowards did, to protect their offspring because there were rumours about a prophecy that had reached The Dark Lord and predicted his doom, involving a child born in July. Out of fear of him raising again, they stayed away for good."
He spoke very calm and indifferent. I had never heard him mention The Dark Lord before.
"Do you think, he might come back one day?", I asked, leaning my head on his chest, listening to his soft heartbeat.
"Chances are. He trusted me back then, but still I never knew about all his plans and tricks. We are quite convinced, there still are Horcruxes around that contain bits of his soul and therefore are potentially a way for him – or parts of him – to get back. If that day comes, he will face more resistance than the first time. This time we will be prepared for the terror he radiates. We won't need a lucky coincidence to get rid of him for good."

"Why did you follow him back then?"
"I was young and longed for a change and what he offered and stood for made sense to me at that time", he shrugged.
"He offered death and oppression and wanted to kill all Muggles and even half-bloods like yourself!", I interjected.
"I said I was young, not that I was bright.
"Shortly after receiving my Dark Mark, I came to my senses, realizing where I had gotten into and quickly started acting as a double agent. It was quiet the trick we pulled. He thought I spied for him, when in reality I spied on him. There were days I was so confused; I hardly knew on which side I was myself anymore.
"Me and many others were set free that day he blew himself to death. I had warned him many times about that Horcrux thing. Told him it would likely blow up around him. Didn't think it would be that literal.
"One of the Dark Lord's flaws was always he didn't know when to stop. Greed makes you blind."

"Why didn't you get rid of that tattoo then? People who wear it are usually having a hard time since his downfall. Even if they regret their actions and have suffered and faced the consequences."
"And that's the right thing to do. What we did and what we stood for can and should never be forgiven. You can't get rid of it. It's magical. The Dark Lord made sure it would stay on you no matter what.
"You can imagine, it doesn't really help with the ladies either, usually", he chuckled and kissed my head again.

I straightened myself a little bit and looked into his eyes and told him bluntly: "You can call me lunatic as much as you like, but I don't give a fuck about mistakes you did in the past. The only thing I care about is your cock being the cock it is and you giving it to me on a regular basis. Speaking of which – "
I mounted him and we set off.

———————————————————————
Hey there guys
Thank you for reading so far! It is by far my longest fan fiction, I ever wrote and I am very passionate about it. Currently, I am writting on the last few chapters and constantly rewriting previously written ones.
I even think about printing it as a book for myself once it's finished, haha.
It would mean the world to me, if you could give me some feedback on how you like it so far and if my writing style is somewhat enjoyable to read. I am not a native English speaker and I hope my struggles are not too obvious...