Chapter 2 - Algebra Class

Start from the beginning

"I'm Fiona, Miss Fiona for you. And I'm the floor in charge." She said with a smile plastered on her face, her huge spectacles constantly slipping off her face. "This is your Algebra class. Good day Victoria. That's your name right?" Victoria nodded, and Miss Fiona took off in the direction they came from immediately, before Victoria could even mention the fight that took place in the corridor. Maybe she should just mind her goddam business as the Korean guy not so nicely asked her to.

She could feel butterflies in her stomach as she opened the door to the classroom. She marched right in, disrupting the lecture that was going on.

"You're the transfer student, I'm guessing." Came the teacher's voice. Victoria glanced at his front pocket Mr Walrus it read. She gave a curt nod in response.

"She's hot." Came another voice along with a few whistles. "Oh puhlease, even my maid is prettier than her." Victoria could see the agitated expressions of many girls, while the guys were staring at her appreciatively. More like checking her out shamelessly. Victoria held the urge to punch each and every single one of them.

Morons.

"Boys stop with the whistling! This is a classroom, not a stripclub." Mr Walrus yelled, causing all the students including Victoria to chuckle.

Algebra was going to be fun. Victoria thought to herself.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" Mr Walrus asked, moving away from the rostrum, not giving Victoria an option at all.

Victoria just sighed and moved towards the rostrum and cleared her throat, while playing with her ponytail, something she did whenever she was shy.

"Well I'm-" before she could complete her introductory sentence, someone barged into the classroom.

Slamming the door open as if he owned the place, entered Axel, looking as smug as ever. Victoria became as stiff as a rock when she looked at the person who interrupted her. Shit, she thought to herself. Please be the wrong classroom!

"Look who decided to join us today." Asked Mr Walrus. Damn, he's a part of this class. Victoria frowned.

Axel plastered a smirk on his face as he turned to look at the Walrus. He was a zoo pet alright. He mentally laughed at his humor, the smirk disappeared as soon as it appeared on his face as he took in the sight before him.

There she stood, the girl from the morning. You've gotta be kidding me, he thought. She was staring, no more like glaring at him. If looks could kill, well he'd be fed to the pigeons, since he'd literally be toast. How could a simple glare hold so much hostility, he wondered.

He simply shrugged at his question and walked briskly towards his seat, still looking at the new girl. She fascinated him alright. And boy was she hot. She could easily pass of as a model.

He felt something for her, but it was nothing more than physical attraction. Something he had felt for several girls before. But he felt something else for this new girl, hatred. Just this morning she was glaring at him when his friends were having fun bullying Danny boy, and when he peeked from the end of the hallway after leaving the ho on the floor, he saw her helping him. Boy did it make him angry.

He averted his eyes, only to notice that all the guys in class were checking her out. Eventually he reached his desk and sat down, throwing his bag on the seat right next to him. Everyone knew that the desk and the two seats under that desk belong to Axel and Axel only.

"Yes you may have your seat." Mr Walrus said lamely. Suddenly he cheered up. "Great of you to join us today Axel! This young lady was just about to introduce herself. Continue the introduction." He said, looking at Victoria.