Chapter 1 - The New Girl

The New Girl

She inhaled deeply as she entered the foreign building, that was now her school.

She was sick of changing schools continuously due to her parent's business ventures. She wanted them to settle down once and for all! They had no idea how hard it was for her to say good bye to her friends again and again.

She went to the reception lady and asked for her schedule after submitting her name.

"So you're the transfer student." Said the prim and proper lady behind the desk, eyeing her curiously.

Victoria managed to nod, still taking in her surrounding. She turned around and started walking towards her Algebra class as soon she got a hold of her schedule. She passed by many students in the corridors who were eyeing her curiously.

Damn, I don't know anyone. She thought to herself. But making new friends was never really an issue for her. She was very friendly and likeable.

Some of the boys that seemed to be the 'it boys' or the jocks, with their varsity jackets on, whistled as she passed by them. In response, she just rolled her eyes, making a mental note to avoid such guys at all cost.

"Hi there, hotty." Said a guy, she turned to glare at him, her eyes turning to the guy standing right next to him instead. She noticed that he was leaning against a locker, with a cigarette in his hand. Is smoking even allowed in campus? Victoria questioned herself.

She noticed that he was staring directly at her. With the sleeves of his jacket folded up, revealing the tattoos on his arms, he gave an impression of a badboy. His other hand that was void of cigarette was behind his head, causing his shirt to stick to his chest and flat stomach, hence showing off his muscles.

Is that a six pack? Victoria questioned herself.

He knew what Victoria was thinking hence he smirked and raised his eyebrow suggestively. Shit. Victoria thought to herself. His dirty blonde hair, along with his green eyes and that perfect jaw, gave him a rather hot look despite his arrogant looking personality. Here we go. Another typical badboy.

Instead of responding, Victoria just turned her back towards him and started walking towards her first class. She heard a, "Dude, did she just ignore you?" from a distance, but she just smirked to herself. She had enough of these badboys.

The school map handed to her by the reception lady was too complicated. She stopped on her heels as she realised that she had no idea where to find her class.

The corridor seemed empty now. A few of the jocks were standing a few meters away from her, including the hot guy, but no way was she going to approach them for directions. Not after he caught her staring at him! You have no choice Victoria, just ask them for directions. They won't eat you.

She decided to ask the intimidating guys about her Algebra class. She turned around, only to stop when she saw them approach a lean guy who looked foreign. Is he Japanese? She questioned herself.

The Asian looking guy was lean yet seemed to hide some muscle behind that shirt he was wearing. He had a long scrawny neck, and towered over the other jocks in height. His face was bare of any emotion as the jocks approached him. Victoria just couldn't stop staring at him.

"Who do we have here?" Asked the hot guy, whom Victoria noticed had an Australian accent, and seemed to have authority over the other guys.

"After that incident at the cafeteria, we were sure that you won't show up." Added another guy.

"He's a ho. What do you guys expect?" Said the hot guy with the Australian accent, with a sly smile on his face.

Victoria despised bullying. She knew the jocks were grouping up to bully him, she knew she had to stop them but she didn't know how. After all she was just a transfer student, and it was just her first day. She was torn between leaving the Asian looking guy all by himself to look for her class, or to go and help him which would result in about ten potential enemies.

She counted the guys surrounding him, they amounted to seven. Seven potential enemies. Less than ten atleast. Go and negotiate Victoria. She was never the kind to have a single enemy. She watched as the Asian guy's face remained void of any emotion as the guys kept tormenting him.

She was about to go and stop them when a girl grabbed her arm, and literally dragged her away from the scene, her hand still tight on her arm, hence preventing her from going in that direction or any direction.

Victoria furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the girl who held her arm. The redhead was giving her the 'are you crazy' look.

"Dude, you're not serious." Said the redhead.

"Let me go, they're bullying him!" Victoria pointed towards the small crowd, which could only be seen from the distance. She could no longer hear the bullies anymore.

"Let them be, that Korean guy won't last long anyway." Oh so he was Korean.

"You're the new transfer student right?" She asked, Victoria just nodded, wanting nothing but the redhead to loosen the hold on her arm.

"Well just as a peer, I'll advise you not to get in the way of those guys. If you can't already tell, they're the jocks. They basically own the school. Except they don't. But Axel, that guy with the tattoos-" she said pointing to the guy with the Australian accent "is the definition of dangerous. And he has so many connections, that's why he hasn't been expelled yet. He's a red button. You refrain from touching it. Stay away from him. He'll make your life miserable, even if you're the new kid. I'm just giving you a heads up. My advice, you can either take it, or ignore it. Your choice." She said, finally loosening her grip on my arm and turning her back.

Victoria was even more confused now. "Oh newbie-" Uhh. Victoria grunted. What did the redhead want now.

"I'm Xelda by the way." She said with a smile similar to Cheshire Cat. "Xelda with an X and not a Z incase you were wondering. I'm off to A-"

She ignored the rest of what Xelda had to say as she started walking towards the bullies.

That's when the bell rang.

When Victoria got near the scene, she noticed that the Korean guy was now on the floor, and the guys were kicking him. Her heart ached at the sight infront of her. She noticed that Axel was staring at her.

Axel could notice the pained expression on her face and it just didn't seem right. She was hesitating as to what she should do next to stop them.

Axel had no Idea why he said the very next thing. "Okay guys, that's enough. Stop it Thomas. Off to your classes now." He said in a stern tone.

"Damn we were having so much fun." Said Thomas, his brunette friend, kicking the Korean dude one last time.

They all left the korean boy on the floor and began walking in the opposite direction without acknowledging Victorias presence, which was a good thing. She did not want unnecessary attention.

She watched their retreating figures contemplating her next step, she caught Axel staring at her, as soon as they made eye contact he stopped in his heels, and winked causing Victoria to glare back at him. He just raised his hands in surrender, a smirk plastered on his face, and walked away.

She averted her gaze to the Korean guy who was struggling to get up. She rushed over to him and grabbed his arm, putting It around her shoulder without his consent.

Damn, where's the medical station and where the hell are all the teachers?