Building A Team Part 2: Seeing The Sting Of Defeat!

Start from the beginning

Torunn was the first to fly in, ready to rush into battle. "We have to go after them. Take them down before they get to some place where innocent people could get hurt!" She called out with pride, sounding very sure that she could fight them off with them.

While Banner hesitated to say anything in hopes to not anger anyone, James didn't feel as strongly about that. He stepped up toward Torunn and tried to stop her. "Torunn no! We don't even have a real plan yet! We don't know what's out there!" He warned her, trying to be rational about it.

Deirdre stepped up, a serious look on her face. "You said it yourself though, we need to rescue everyone. That means the whole team. Now you want to hide?" She asked, now seeing him as a coward. Though she saw what she was saying, Deirdre knew there was no point in hiding. "Hydra already knows that we exist, most likely because of that damn Loki. So there's no point in trying to hide from what's coming!" She added on.

"What if we can get the drop on them? We don't even have the Hulk and you think we stand a chance?" James then asked as he shoved her arm off him by force.

Yvonne grabbed her brother by the gruff of his shirt and pulled her toward him. "Deirdre is right. There's no point in hiding or sneak attacks. We have to go out there and fight. Which is exactly what we need to do now." She ordered everyone, who followed her without question or hesitation.

Ekaterina was the only one in the group who stayed by James's side, feeling uneasy by what could happen when they go through with their plan. "I do not like where this is going to end....." She told James openly while pinching the bridge of her nose.

The red headed boy sighed along with her, being sure his gauntlet was on securely as he walked behind them with the new girl. "It's fine. I have a contingency plan for when they fail." He told her calmly, to which he saw her stare at him.

For a moment, the red headed girl looked at James with intrigue in her eyes. She seemed to be very impressed with what she was seeing from him so far. "You know something don't you? This is why you have a plan." She guessed based on how he was already prepared.

The super soldier son nodded his head at her guess. He wasn't too surprised that she figured it out. Of course she would figure it out. It was fairly obvious what the problem was to the two of them. "So do you I see. Its obvious what the problem is....but there's one more you missed.....but I don't blame you for not seeing it. At least not yet. Give it a little time though and you'll see." He told her while they walked.

Not long after, the team made it to their destination with James and Ekaterina nowhere to be seen. At least not yet. But to Yvonne and the others, that didn't matter. What did was the battle in front of them. With those same soldiers with that strange armor they hadn't seen before today. Even most of their weapons weren't very familiar. They didn't appear to be Asgardian weapons, at least not all of them Asgardian blaster weapons they used for emergencies. The ones that the soldiers were fighting were three heroes that were defending what appeared to be agents helping them in combat. Yvonne immediately recognized who was there. At least two out of three of them. "That's Hawkeye.....and his son!" She whisper shouted.

But, Clinton wasn't in one of his typical Hawkeye uniforms. Instead his son seemed to be in a newer more upgraded version of the suit, while Clint Barton was in what appeared to be..... almost ninja outfits? The mask and outfit was what he wore, he carried his signature bow and arrows of course. But he also had a sword, nunchuku, and sais on his person as well.

Yvonne was amazed by how efficiently Clint was taking down these soldiers. It became very clear what was going on as he watched. "He's not Hawkeye anymore......he's someone new ...." She told the team before regaining her focus. "Alright. Go out there and help him together!" She ordered as she threw her shield at some of the enemy.