Prologue

Hey everyone, 

    So I FINALLY decided on what book I wanted to write first! "Breaking Phoenix" is actually a last minute "epic" story that I just came up with, and I decided to go with it, because it has a lot of potential for a lot of twists. There will be a lot of you didn't see that coming moments, and oh sh*it we're screwed moments. I realized I mentioned a lot about sorcecress and amulets in my synopsis, but nothing about love. There is juicy romance in this book. Stories are just boring without the dramatic effects of love! Anyways enjoy, comment, and respect! 

-Love always,

bloodlust 7

___________________________________________

Copyright © 2013 by Sophia Chrysanthou

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, or stored in a database retrieval system, without the prior written permission of the author.

___________________________________________ 

    Shadows slowly began to creep up on the sleeping city of Dagorra. They are winged beasts that serve the Dark Lord, looking for the one with the amulet. These flesh eating reckless demons are answering their masters call, they needed him to be free. It has been a millennium since the shadows among other servants went into hiding without a ruler to take command.

    Tonight they began to gather in numbers slowly approaching the city of Dagorra. A screeching cry made by their fellow shadow signals the time has come to attack. The tower bell was struck, sorcerers and sorceress wake up to answer the shadows' call for war. A defense could not be made for the city, as black magic came hurling down from the sky breaking different sections of the city. 

    This black magic was preformed by fellow sorcerers who betrayed their own kind, and who had fallen victim to the black magic. They have more of a mind than the shadows, and although they are not the dark lord's servants, they are his faithful and powerful followers. The dark sorcerers needed him to be free so they can claim victory, and be free to use black magic without being persecuted. 

   For black magic was always more powerful than normal magic. The only equal power was white magic, but only five sorceress could wield this power. And because white magic was only equal to black magic, there was the possibility of dying. But the strength to defeat dark power relied on the strength of its owner. So the journey of the amulets begin.