HALF OF MY SOUL

O. ACHILLES' HEEL
/ SUMMARY & CAST

 ACHILLES' HEEL/ SUMMARY & CAST

there's snow falling over the cityyou thought                      it wouldwash away              ━━━━━━

you thought it would
wash away ━━━━━━

The Gaul lineage had been absorbed in power since Volumnia Gaul got her dirty hands into the Gamemaker job at the Academy in the Capitol after working as an instructor at the University. The family had built itself with such pride and ambition, insignificant wasn't near the share of words to describe them. Alongside powerful families whom earned privileges over generations, the Gaul's were the most intelligent and successful ancestry, growing from the roots of antiquity before the First Rebellion.

Juno Gaul felt unlucky to be born bathed in wealth and riches and looked down from above by the pressuring stares of her grandmother, but also fortuned to be Capitol-born. The Hunger Games were no joke for any district-born kid. She nearly felt at guilt for sharing blood with the one who put forward the idea of killing children as a reminder of their place to hold them off. But who was little privileged and exempt-from-death Juno to speak— or think? It was death, or a nearly perfect but apocalyptic life inside a ruined city enclosed by mountains. She'd prefer to drown in Posca if it were to come down to either.

Being a Gaul was more than a subtitle added to your name. A Gaul for Juno meant success even if it rained blood. It didn't matter how you achieved it. If money and intelligence could get you to it, then you'd be approved by the family's head, Volumnia Gaul. It didn't seem to have gone that way for Juno's parents, both being dead ten years ago during the war, after bombs washed over the Capitol and blood showered the streets.

Ever since, Volumnia took her granddaughter under her wing and showed her the scholastic life she should've been summoned to by her parents. By scholastic, she meant discovering and studying the stomach-churning mutts she kept hidden at her chamber in the Academy. She constantly reminded her of how insufficient her parents were and then obliged her to excel at her academic studies and complete what she believed was life's purpose. Juno had it clear she wanted nothing to do with killing or creating to kill, like her family had been doing for three millennium.

At least she didn't have it harder than no other Coriolanus Snow. Hiding the rags his family lived in after the war and bleeding to get the tuition he needed to reach the royal life he yearned for— Juno could never be caught threading in such a lie. He had trusted her that detail about his life for whatever strange reason, but she willingly refused to know more about said man. He was an excelling senior like her, but who would've known their misbehavior at their mentoring task would've gotten them in lethal trouble.

Their punishment didn't go unnoticed by Dear Grandmother Gaul, nor she would've excused Juno's cheating in favor of Snow and his tribute.

Love and power don't mix well. You either have one or the other. And for Coriolanus Snow, power could be the only thing he cared about in his years alive.

But everything had a price to be paid for.

She was his weakest point.

But what if they cut his Achilles' heel?

the bitter taste of my fury
and all of the messes you made

you think that you got away
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

JUNO GAUL : XVIII𑁍┊the puppet | simone ashley

JUNO GAUL : XVIII
𑁍┊the puppet | simone ashley

CORIOLANUS SNOW : XVIII𑁍┊her snake | tom blyth

𑁍┊her snake | tom blyth

BETWEEN OTHERS
━━ *ೃ༄

disclaimer / i will be basing myself almost entirely on the book! i'm currently reading it so i'll be sticking to the important information that's not mentioned in the movies.

VERY IMPORTANT DETAIL: Snow is NOT a good character. yes, Dr. Gaul is one of the main antagonists, but Snow will not be a perfect human and this is not a cute book. he did and will do horrible things to Juno, mainly manipulation, and to everyone exactly like in the books/movies. they will reveal as the story proceeds. he's awful and will be awful. it's what makes the movie and this plot so good; how come such a terrible character can rub off as charming. i'm sooo excited for this and i hope you are too! i really hope i finish this one soon lol.

this is my own idea! i own Juno Gaul, her entire character and the storyline i have planned out for her. please do not steal from me nor translate my work without my permission. i have complete authority over this plot and everything regarding it. i don't own the franchise of the Hunger Games. total credit goes to Suzanne.

━━ the graphics in this book ALL BELONG TO ME. please, do not steal from me, or copy me, for that matter. let me know before using them as inspiration for your own graphics! same goes with my layout. if you would like to use it as inspiration for your own layout, give me credits, please.

warnings / language, themes involved in thg and tbosas, mentions of death, violence, blood, between others.

copyright / Copyright © 2023 | All rights reserved. plvtodite.

special thanks to churrosarericos for helping me develop the ideas for this book and supporting me thru the process of writing it! ily babe <3

STARTED november 20, 2023
PUBLISHED november 22, 2023
FINISHED TBA
EDITED TBA