summer with you - part two

Start from the beginning

Harry nuzzled his nose with hers, "Do you want a real or a fake one?"

"A real one." Mia spoke without hesitating. She bit her lip as she continued smiling, "I never had a real one before. Back when I was a kid we always had the fake ones. I'd go to the tree vendors to walk through because I loved the smell."

Harry softly rubbed his hand over her spine as Mia told him the story and he could just imagine her doing just that. "Baby, of course can get a real one. Let's hope our cat doesn't ruin it though."

"She'd never." Mia whispered with a grin and Harry arched up a brow, "She?"

"Or he." Mia shrugged, "Or they. It's all fine."

Harry continued stroking her back, "And you won't mind the mess? The falling needles and everything?" He checked, knowing Mia was sensitive to stuff like that. Mia shook her head, "No, I'll be fine. You know what I was thinking? Maybe we could purchase some sort of robot vacuum."

Harry chuckled, "We'll look into it."

"And I think the cat would like that too."

"The cat, hm?" Harry teased, "Just admit it's for you, you little cleaning freak." He joked as they untangled. Mia gasped in fake insult before they both burst out into a laugh. Harry set the ornaments aside and found old Christmas lights too, tucking it all in one box for them as they continued going through the stuff.

They found a little side table and a lot of stuff for the kitchen, like old place mats with just a few stubborn stains on – which Mia was convinced they'd be able to wash out. They found a bunch of old plates and crystal glasses which used to belong to Harry's grandparents. Mia loved everything they found because it had a history and so much character.

Harry was telling stories about his childhood with each piece they came across, such as a small rug for the bathroom and a few flower pots. They found a wine-rack and a magazine holder in rattan. Mia was over the moon when they found a box filled with old books, and she dreamed about a large book case in the living room with plants on top of it.

Harry chuckled all of a sudden, "Babe, do you want to see my baby pictures?"

"Oh, yes!" Mia gasped in excitement, hopping over to where Harry was on the other side of the attic. He had a small smile on his lips as he held a picture album, "Look, this is mum in the hospital." He pointed to one of the pictures, showing Anne with a big belly.

Mia took the book from Harry as he urged her to sit down on one of the rugs. He scooted in next to her, an arm around Mia's waist as he leaned his chin on her shoulder.

"Your mum's so pretty." Mia mused out loud, "And wow, your dad had a lot of hair!"

Harry chuckled, "Yeah. But hey, this is your warning that you'd have to say goodbye to these luscious curls by the time I reach my mid-fifties." He joked. Mia turned her head and brushed her lips over his cheek, "I can't wait to be with you when we're older." She smiled.

"You're still going to be hot as fuck." Harry teased and Mia burst out into a laugh before shaking her head and flicking through the pictures. Her smile grew when a baby Harry appeared, and her finger stroked over one of the close-up pictures of him as a newborn.

"Oh, I hope our babies look like you. Look at that..." She crooned, "so beautiful."

Harry couldn't help but blush and he kissed her shoulder, "I hope they look like you."

"I think that must be so fun." Mia continued flipping the pages, watching the photos as Harry grew up, always the same wide, dimpled smile on his face and equally smiling parents with him. She saw them on trips or here at home, which didn't look yet like the house did today. She saw Des taking down walls, she saw Anne painting. They created this and Mia swallowed, "Don't you think? Just... creating a human together and seeing parts of yourself and your partner in that."