Chapter 3 - Parents

On January 12th, Kate, who was dating Prince William, both studied at St Andrews (Scotland). Kate was 22 and William was 21. Today they were going to the hospital to find out if they were going to be parents.

The hospital

Kate and William were already in the room with the doctor explaining what he was going to do. Kate was already lying down and the doctor could see a little human being growing on the screen.

Doctor: Kate William, from what you can see Kate is only three weeks pregnant.

William: Doctor, do you know if it's a girl or a boy?

Doctor: No, but in about 4 weeks we'll know the sex of the baby.

Kate: Wow. Will, you know we have to tell your father and grandparents.

William: Of course.

The next day, William and Kate went to the Queen's official residence in Scotland, Balmoral Castle, where William and Kate were to tell the Queen, Prince Philip and Charles (William's father) and Queen Mother Elizabeth (William's great-grandmother).

Balmoral Castle

That day was sunny with a bit of wind, William and Kate were already on their way to Balmoral, both talking about how their reaction would be, (...) already sitting in the library with everyone present, William began to speak.

William: Good afternoon everyone, Kate and I are grateful that you are here.

Queen: What is it Willie?

William: As you all know, Kate and I are dating and we like each other very much, we're friends and that's what happened.

Charles: What happened? What do you mean, son?

Phillip: My God, Charles! They did that.

Queen: What?

Phillip: My God, don't you understand anything?!? Lizzie, how is a human being created?

Queen: Oh my God!

Charles: What?

QM: You're all stupid, Kate's pregnant.

Everyone in the room was silent until someone spoke.

Queen: Kate, do you know the sex of the baby yet?

Kate: Majesty, in two weeks at most, we'll know if it's a boy or a girl.

QM: Will Kate, as you are young and still studying here in Scotland at St. Andrew's University, the baby will be born here in Scotland.

Charles: Was anyone in our family born here in Scotland?

Phillip: Oh my God, Charles!

Charles: What?

Phillip: All your Scottish ancestors, the Scottish kings, were born in Scotland, even your Aunt Margaret was born here.

Charles: You mean my granddaughter grandson will be born here in Scotland?!?

Queen: Do you have a problem with that?

Charles: No, of course not.

That same day, they discussed what it would be like after the baby was born, and that weekend they visited Kate's parents' house and told them everything.

(...)

About nine months later, Kate was already in labor, with William by her side and a royal gynecologist monitoring the birth. About half an hour later, there was a cry and the doctor said.

Doctor: It's a girl.

William: Oh my God! Kate darling

Kate: What shall we name her?

William: Victoria.

Gynecologist: Your Highness, we need two-three additional names.

William: Very well.

Kate: Victoria Philippa Elizabeth Mary.

William: Victoria and Elizabeth after the queens, Philippa after my grandfather, Francisca after my mother and Mary after the Scottish queen and my great-great-grandmother.

End of chapter