31

"Uncle.....such a pleasant surprise...." Riddhima chirped happily upon finding Mr. Rautela waiting for her in the hall. Mr. Rautela smiled and hugged her gently.
"I'm so pleased to see you here. Wait I'll go make a coffee for you." she said. Mr. Rautela raised his hand politely, gesturing her not to take the trouble.
"It's ok Riddhima. I am here for something else." he told her. She was a bit taken aback.
"Um.... I don't..."
"Relax. Please sit dear." he asked her to take a seat which she did. Riddhima saw he was carrying some papers in his hand. But just not to appear inquisitive she held back her queries about the nature of the papers he was holding.
"I know Riddhima your poor Uncle couldn't do anything when that monster married you forcibly and brought you here without your consent. But I have not given up, and I will never give up if it's for the happiness of my daughter." he told her. Riddhima gasped loudly. Yes it was true that initially she wanted to get out of this marriage but now things have changed. And she knew it's not Mr. Rautela's fault, she never told him anything after all.
"What are you trying to say uncle!!!" she asked softly. Mr. Rautela placed the papers he was carrying on her hand.
"I have found a very good lawyer, he's ready to take our case. This is the divorce notice....we can show Vikramaditya these papers and can free you from his captivity." he told her hopefully. His eyes twinkling with innocence and hope for his daughter's freedom. But to Riddhima these words came as a thunderclap to her ears. Divorce Notice.......you got to be kidding me. How will he react to this???? And most importantly did she wanted to divorce him!!!! Of course not. They have started to get along really well and knowing that he has nobody except from her, she can't possibly think of divorcing him. But how should she tell this all to this man who's knocked every door asking help to free her only daughter that he didn't even birthed!!!! She can't possibly hurt him. She owes a lot to him. And knowing that he is working day and night just for her freedom which she initially wanted no doubt, she can't even think of hurting his feelings by keeping the truth in front of her. He would feel betrayed.

Riddhima was stuck in a quandary. Who should she sacrifice, her husband or the man who has stood at every step of her life as a father figure??? We all are aware of these kind of situations and we know the answer of a girl. It's always family over love.....it's always parents over happiness.....it's always 'reputation in society' over life. Riddhima perhaps also knew that she will also have to be the villian in Vikramaditya's life just for the sake of her father.
"What's up everyone!!!! I heard from Vandana that you're waiting for us in hall. It's so nice to see you though...." his voice was now turning her anxious. He wore a sweet smile on his face as he sat beside her.
"Did you offered him a coffee??" he asked her sweetly, kissing her cheek. Mr. Rautela's eyes widened with Riddhima's relatively relaxed figure around him. You aren't supposed to be comfortable around your captor or was there something that he wasn't able to see. Riddhima looked up at Mr. Rautela gingerly.
"Um....no I am.... I am good..." Mr. Rautela was still reeling from whatever he was seeing. Vikramaditya chuckled.
"It's breakfast time and Riddhi has made my favourite mung dal halwa along with other things. Why don't you stay for breakfast???" he offered nicely. Mr. Rautela gasped loudly as he looked at Riddhima who was sitting with eyes downcast. Riddhima didn't know how to make mung dal halwa, she never even tried to learn it back at home but now when she was cooking it for him that means she learned how to make it just for him. She mustn't be the captive here in any case, Mr. Rautela was now sure of that.

Vikramaditya's eyes fell on the papers lying on her lap. His brows furrowed.
"Hey baby what those papers are for??" he asked casually, lifting up the papers to see. Riddhima eyes widened. She wanted to snatch the papers but he was already reading them. Mr. Rautela did nothing purposely to see her reaction. Vikramaditya's face was pale as he read the papers.
"Divorce notice served to......Vikramaditya Raghuvanshi....." he read in a whisper. Few tears built up in the corners of his eyes as he turned to Riddhima for answers.
"What the hell is this Riddhima!!! Are you divorcing me....." he shouted at the top of his lungs, feeling betrayed. Riddhima looked up at him with tears and shook her head very lightly. He still wasn't pacified.
"Than what is this......Speak up dammit...." he was literally crying even though he was raging. Riddhima said nothing in her defence just to protect Mr. Rautela. Vikramaditya's anger was skyrocketing on the other hand. 'I was so wrong' thought Mr. Rautela. Before Vikramaditya could yell on her once more, he stepped in between them grabbed the papers and tore them on his face. All he could do was watch him in shock. Riddhima watched him in horror.
"Keep your voice down young man, you're talking to my daughter." he said this much and Riddhima couldn't control her tears. Vikramaditya looked away and nodded. He then turned to Riddhima and patted her head a couple of times.
"I am sorry." he whispered before walking away. Riddhima wanted to stop him but she knew at this point it was important for her to pacify her angry husband.
"I never expected this from you..."
"Shut up and listen to me...." she told him sternly. He looked at her in shock.